Notices

Texas Heat Wave Poker Run

Old 02-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me make one thing clear and I will move on.

In no way did I intend to imply that you, Darrel, or Bryan were right or wrong. I am not chosing a side and never will. All I meant from my comment was that there seems to be 2 different sides to the same story as mentioned. My plan is and always has been to attend this event. Like you, what rubs me the wrong way is the manipulation of someone going behind your back.

See you all in May. I hope to be the fastest boat in the 70mph class!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
Let me make one thing clear and I will move on.

In no way did I intend to imply that you, Darrel, or Bryan were right or wrong. I am not chosing a side and never will. All I meant from my comment was that there seems to be 2 different sides to the same story as mentioned. My plan is and always has been to attend this event. Like you, what rubs me the wrong way is the manipulation of someone going behind your back.

See you all in May. I hope to be the fastest boat in the 70mph class!
All Is Good I agree 100%
Old 02-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by never enuff
If you go to skidock.com and click on the "event section" they have a chart of places to stay around Lake Travis. They put the chart together for the participants of their Poker Run on 4-12-08. Pretty good information.
Jay
appreciate it! But what is the most convenient/happening place to stay for the Heat Wave? Thanks
Old 02-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

I would guess Lakeway.
Jay
Old 02-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

Masher, a house rental with a dock in the LAKEWAY area would be Ideal. Close in proximity to where the start and party will be. Lakeway resort is a very nice, and the WORLD OF TENNIS has many vacation condos is right close to Lakeway marina. BRIARCLIFF wouldnt be too far and the run will pass it about mid way. Briar cliff has several condo rentals with slips, and a few houses. POINT VENTURE area has some waterfront rentals with docks. Also the ISLAND RESORT is not a bad location, close to midway of the run.

There are a few Bed and breakfast type places close to HUDSON BEND where Carlos n Charlies is. Probably hottest spot.

Last edited by txwatergypsy; 02-24-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

Breaking News... The May 17th Poker Run on Lake Travis is a Lake Travis Powerboat Association event. If you wish to participate in this run, you should contact them/us.

Lake Travis Powerboat Association

I highly recommend that you NOT send any money to anyone at this time!

More info to follow...
Old 02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Breaking News... The May 17th Poker Run on Lake Travis is a Lake Travis Powerboat Association event. If you wish to participate in this run, you should contact them/us.

Lake Travis Powerboat Association

I highly recommend that you NOT send any money to anyone at this time!

More info to follow...

Unfortunate as it is I was just informed that the Lake Travis Powerboat Association has decided to Bow out of the Joint effort for supporting a run at this point.

I do not think it makes any sense to do 2 Poker Runs overlapping each other if possible and most registrants would like the chance to have Video and Helicopter footage with added benefits to the run.

The Texas Heat Wave Poker Run will continue! I guess everyone will just have to make a decision on which one they would like to attend. No Hard feelings on this side.

Helicopter

Video and Pictures

Everything goes forward as we are way to far into commitments to back out on OUR End

Everyone that has Pre-Registered and Paid has nothing to worry about as this run is going to continue The same.

Any questions Please contact me
Old 02-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any places for a RV close to the hot spot (carlos)with a boat launch? Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Why should they have to support a for Profit run???
What are you talking about? This is a Non-for Profit Charity Run.

All Proceeds were to go toward Make A Wish . This was the agreed recipient with LTPA...... All Proceeds raised past expenses of Insurance etc will Still Continue to this Charity.

Always has been and always will be! Sorry for any cofusion, but whoever told you it was for profit is wrong or there is some wrong information??

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 02-26-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never been , looks like a great time!!! Im in.

Quick Reply: Texas Heat Wave Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.