VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a host hotel? Best place to stay boat friendy close to a ramp. Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Is there a host hotel? Best place to stay boat friendy close to a ramp. Thanks
We are gathering different options and will be sending out updates.

We have used Lakeway Resort in the Past. We have some Big Guns registered for the event..........Should be awesome!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Breaking News... The May 17th Poker Run on Lake Travis is a Lake Travis Powerboat Association event. If you wish to participate in this run, you should contact them/us.

Lake Travis Powerboat Association

I highly recommend that you NOT send any money to anyone at this time!

More info to follow...
WHY?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

While I can not explain how the LTPA does their run I can tell you that you do not have to be a member of any paticular organization to attend our poker runs across the country. Everyone is invited and welcome to attend.

Each Registration for the Texas Heat Wave Poker Run will be will get

2 Dinners
2 Event T-shirts
2 Poker Hands
2 Event Goodie Bags
1 Event DVD/Helicopter Coverage and Photos
2 Entry to the Band and Party after the Event during Awards Ceremony

We carry the Neccesary Event/Poker Run Insurance for the Safety and Support of our Participants and sponsors!

This is a Poker Run, Not a get together and drink as much as we can and run our boats Fast!

Yes we require Life Jackets, Yes we require Drivers not to drink tell the after Party for everyone's safety and so we can continue to hold great events.

I will not speak for the LTPA as to what they do or what coverages they have in place for this event, but something everyone should consider when deciding which runs they put on their list

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 02-27-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered

Default Tour To Austin HEATWAVE

There is a group forming that are coming down from the North to Austin for the Heatwave. We will be growing the group as it heads toward Austin. There will be stops planned where groups join for meet and greet. We are pickking up sponsors along the way that are contribute to The Heatwave charity. This will be a rare occasion to tour from Missouri, LOTO area through Oklahoma, and TX. The Trip will be featured in the Heatwave DVD.................

Last edited by austinbound; 02-27-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:59 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Never been , looks like a great time!!! Im in.
skater brother let me know if you are going , ill would like to do that one
Old 02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pbam22
skater brother let me know if you are going , ill would like to do that one
We planned it to be a Big Run and by the looks of the registrations coming in there is going to be some awesome boats at the event.

Registration is available online

www.pokerruntour.com (Texas Heat Wave)
Old 02-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=pbam22;2463205]skater brother let me know if you are going , ill would like to do that one[/Q

You got it Skater Brother,I have registered and Jeremie booked a room at LakeWay resort.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Registered

Talked to Steve again Yesterday about the safety aspects considering our runs typically draw 100 Boats on our own. It makes more sense to continue Joint efforts for the safety and benefit of the participants

We Have Both Been fielding lots of calls and E-mails

There are some differences in oppinion as to what is needed an should be included which in turn changes the expense to put on the run.

I just can Not And Simply Will Not attach our organization and name to any poker run event without proper Insurance in Place!

Steve and I both think something can still be worked out based on our conversation yesterday, but yes Helicoters/Video to make professional DVD's do not come cheap and Insurance is a must atleast in my book.

Just for the record im willing to shift everything over to the LTPA including registrations in the effort to work it out for the best interest of everyone, but its got to be done the right way like I originally proposed. I would continue to support and help with any organization and setting up of additional Sponsors/Insurance/Staff etc. Personally I would rather them carry the books on it as well. Less stress for my end!

If they do not want to or can not get the monetary help from Sponsors to cover Insurance etc like we discussed in the begining, I actually would be that much more relieved to let them handle the entire venue with us doing what we can to support or bring on sponsors (less Risk on our Part)

I just am not able to put everything I have at risk to be a part of an event without Poker Run/Event Insurance backing it regardless of the additional cost

When discussions about this run started back in November we agreed a joint effort would make the most sense for everyone and because we carry an Event Policy for poker runs/Use Helicopters/Video etc somthing the lake has not been accustom
to in the past it would be a great forward step for LTPA and not an overlapping step for us.

Yesterday I left it with Steve to make a final call because we both agreed it could work. I think there is a lot of people out there saying a lot of things without the right information because it has gone past discussions with Just Steve and I directly with to many others trying to get involved.

Just my .02 on this as many are not aware of some of the reasons behind this

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 02-29-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

lets all just get along... boats breaking is enough heartburn

Quick Reply: Texas Heat Wave Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.