Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
"2009 Jammin On The James"   July 11th   Richmond,VA. >

"2009 Jammin On The James" July 11th Richmond,VA.

Notices

"2009 Jammin On The James" July 11th Richmond,VA.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like James said were at 58 boats plus 4 sponsors some of whom may be bringing more than 1 boat. Were very happy with all this early interest in the run. The excitement level seems to be higher than ever this far out from the run and this thread certainly proves it.
I was up in Hopewell yesterday to drop the seats off out of my old jet boat to get recovered and I did some cruising around and checked out some of the Hotels. I definetly recommend staying in Chester. There are some hotels that are a few miles closer but not places I would think about parking my rig over night. I'll talk to James today since he lives in Chester and give you our recommendation on which hotel seems best and see what we can do to help out. I think if it's enough people and Rigs at the same Hotel the management might hire a rentacop for the night as a precaution.
Please let us handle the slips for Friday night at Jordan Point. This was discussed earlier in this thread. They dont like being hassled with all the repeat phone calls about dockage. Were going to do our best to accommodate everyone but please let us handle it.
Come on summer
Old 02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

Hotel Info. Update...

I will be stopping by some of the local Chester hotels that would fit our needs. I am going to see if any of them will offer us a block room price and also supply some sort of security for the parking lot.
Stay tuned next week for some info/
Old 02-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excursion
Hotel Info. Update...

I will be stopping by some of the local Chester hotels that would fit our needs. I am going to see if any of them will offer us a block room price and also supply some sort of security for the parking lot.
Question: Will Jordan Point Marina let us park the trailer and or the boat and trailer there on Friday night.. Is there room for that in that marina? If not find out about a POLICE OFFICER... NOT A RENT A COP!.. I will pitch in for that also.. What ever it takes to make sure everyones boats are safe if we are not launched or stored at the marina.... OR if we can leave them at the marina and hire a COP for that too... I will do what ever to help.. I don't want to take a chance on being someones Goldmine that night!!

I won't call the marina.. I will A**sume... that we will be on the main dock Friday night... I will arrive around 4pm... IF it is easier to launch Friday... So be it... If you want me to put in on Saturday... So be it... I will do what ever is easier for everyone... Just like to be planned out Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in advance... I already know the next night I am getting lucky...

Let me know!!

Mario
Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
Hotel Info. Update...

I called the the Comfort Inn just off I95 (Chester) for info. They were $109 a night. Didn't ask about parking though.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

Originally Posted by mmareno
Question: Will Jordan Point Marina let us park the trailer and or the boat and trailer there on Friday night.. Is there room for that in that marina? If not find out about a POLICE OFFICER... NOT A RENT A COP!.. I will pitch in for that also.. What ever it takes to make sure everyones boats are safe if we are not launched or stored at the marina.... OR if we can leave them at the marina and hire a COP for that too... I will do what ever to help.. I don't want to take a chance on being someones Goldmine that night!!

I won't call the marina.. I will A**sume... that we will be on the main dock Friday night... I will arrive around 4pm... IF it is easier to launch Friday... So be it... If you want me to put in on Saturday... So be it... I will do what ever is easier for everyone... Just like to be planned out Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in advance... I already know the next night I am getting lucky...

Let me know!!

Mario
I HAVE ROOM FOR ABOUT FOUR OR FIVE BOATS IN YARD PLUS MINE, JUST ABOUT 3 MILES FROM JP, THIS HELPS ANYONE.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Noise Pollution
I called the the Comfort Inn just off I95 (Chester) for info. They were $109 a night. Didn't ask about parking though.
Come on Bro' WEEZZZ staying the Hooters Hotel
Old 02-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Mario, This is saturday night info....book soon...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...erence-center/

I didn't get a chance to call today.. I will do it in the morning..

Thanks for the info though...
Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

I guess I need to know more about the poker run..

Is there a breakfast on Saturday? Is there a drivers meeting Friday or Saturday? Is there a lunch stop... Will some one have all the way points for us when we get there..
I got my registration out today... I found all my answers... Sorry for the dumb moment!!

Did you know that ONLY 23% of whales sperm makes it its mate... Is that why the water is so salty down there???

And you guys probably drink it ....
Old 02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

I guess I need to know more about the poker run..

Is there a breakfast on Saturday? Is there a drivers meeting Friday or Saturday? Is there a lunch stop... Will some one have all the way points for us when we get there..
I got my registration out today... I found all my answers... Sorry for the dumb moment!!

Did you know that ONLY 23% of whale sperm makes it into its mate... Is that why the water is so salty down there???

And you guys probably drink it ....

140 Days to go!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:00 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

140 days to go...who does this remind you of?

Quick Reply: "2009 Jammin On The James" July 11th Richmond,VA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.