Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
3rd Annual Thunder at the Lake Poker Run Lake Ozarks MO July 23rd,24th,25th, 2009 >

3rd Annual Thunder at the Lake Poker Run Lake Ozarks MO July 23rd,24th,25th, 2009

Notices

3rd Annual Thunder at the Lake Poker Run Lake Ozarks MO July 23rd,24th,25th, 2009

Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fleg1
I've heard from some LOTO regulars that the turnout wasn't very good for this event!!!! Jim/Darrell whats the story, true/false whats up?
Your correct, turnout was very disappointing, but we did have a great run and everyone there enjoyed themselves.

The day was great with fabulous weather and some super people.

Randy Scism from MTI won first place, Greg Laney and Joe Brady from Phoenix won Second, Brady and Theresa Fundis won third place. It was a fun evening around the pool at Kellys Port. Our thanks to Randy Kelly and the staff at the Horney Toad for hosting the event.

Jim
Old 07-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdnichols
Your correct, turnout was very disappointing, but we did have a great run and everyone there enjoyed themselves.

The day was great with fabulous weather and some super people.

Randy Scism from MTI won first place, Greg Laney and Joe Brady from Phoenix won Second, Brady and Theresa Fundis won third place. It was a fun evening around the pool at Kellys Port. Our thanks to Randy Kelly and the staff at the Horney Toad for hosting the event.

Jim
How many boats entered? Someone from down there texted me and said there where only 17 boats that actually ran in the event. Kinda looks like people just boycotted your event for some reason Jim!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fleg1
How many boats entered? Someone from down there texted me and said there where only 17 boats that actually ran in the event. Kinda looks like people just boycotted your event for some reason Jim!
Boycott? I don't think so, more a sign of the times and a large selection of other events to attend. I'm sure the Baja Fun Run the weekend before drew a large part of the people that attended last year.

The people that attended gave us lots of positive comments and want to come back again next year, so it's all good.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Registered

I'm sure the Baja Fun Run the weekend before drew a large part of the people that attended last year.
I'm pretty sure Jim that the Baja event last weekend didn't have anything to do with the turn out of this event!! Economy possibly, certain individuals involved with your event um more than likely!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fleg1 i think its time for you to move on some where else we did the run it was very well run and everything they said would happen did had a great time and we will do it again next year
Old 07-26-2009, 08:18 PM
fdh
Registered

Blunder on the Lake, as the event is commonly known as, has a pretty bad history and background with the previous or now sidelined person who runs or ran the event. You will never rid yourself of that stench, sorry JMO. Do some checking around and you will find out you are involved with one shady POS.

Not sure why you would blame a piss poor turnout on Baja owners, was this event promoted towards Baja owners? If so, I missed that advertising. Try again.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 97 FOUNTAIN
fleg1 i think its time for you to move on some where else we did the run it was very well run and everything they said would happen did had a great time and we will do it again next year
Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't do.. If you don't like it then you move on somewhere else!! I'm not doubting that Jim does a good job, he just needs to watch his back.. But to blame the poor participation of his run on the TEAMBAJAMARINE event that happened last weekend, sounds exactly like what the other guy that used to be in charge said!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we get it you dont like him let it go sure dont need friends like you fleg1
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fdh
Blunder on the Lake, as the event is commonly known as, has a pretty bad history and background with the previous or now sidelined person who runs or ran the event. You will never rid yourself of that stench, sorry JMO. Do some checking around and you will find out you are involved with one shady POS.

Not sure why you would blame a piss poor turnout on Baja owners, was this event promoted towards Baja owners? If so, I missed that advertising. Try again.
Sorry, you seem to think I need to make excuses, my comment was only that last year we had a majority of Baja boats attend and this year we didn't. It seemed likely that with a Baja themed event happening last weekend, it may have been a factor.

Bottom line, we had a nice run, raised a little money for chairty, awarded some winners and had a couple of great days at LOTO.

You guys were not there and have your own axe to grind. It has nothting to do with me or the people who enjoyed the event.

Take care, have a great summer. I'm back to working on my Havasu events. BYE!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered

Sorry, you seem to think I need to make excuses, my comment was only that last year we had a majority of Baja boats attend and this year we didn't. It seemed likely that with a Baja themed event happening last weekend, it may have been a factor.

Bottom line, we had a nice run, raised a little money for chairty, awarded some winners and had a couple of great days at LOTO.

You guys were not there and have your own axe to grind. It has nothting to do with me or the people who enjoyed the event.

Take care, have a great summer. I'm back to working on my Havasu events. BYE!
Jim for the record nothing against you.. I hope your events at Havasu are a success!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.