Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Pirates weekend Alex Bay dates and info? >

Pirates weekend Alex Bay dates and info?

Notices

Pirates weekend Alex Bay dates and info?

Old 06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirates weekend Alex Bay dates and info?

Kind of new to the whole boating experience this year with a larger boat. We are looking for info on pirates weekend In Alex bay, looking for the dates(believe august 7-16?) and best time to go? Also if anyone has some info on happenings and what goes on during the week. I have always wondered what goes on up there! Hopefully some partying lol!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A BUNCH of us head up every year! We camp at Kring Point, but most likely you won't find a site there right now. We schedule it 9 months to the day in advance, so back in November we're booked. We'll be there Aug. 7-17 this year. It's a blast!!! I don't drive the truck the whole time we're there! If you don't know the waters up there, do yourself a favor and buy a GPS, it's worth every penny for one. There's a lot of stuff not marked, or very minimal markings. As for stuff to do, it's just one big party all week. Tons of stuff going on in town (A-Bay) and lot's of skin at Lake of the Isle. On the first Saturday, Aug. 8th this year, there's a HUGE poker run, it's awesome to watch all the boats! You'll have a great time, and even better if you know people up there! Feel free to get in touch if you want. On a side note, hope you're coming out to 3 Mile this weekend, should be a great time as always! Did you get your glass back yet?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
A BUNCH of us head up every year! We camp at Kring Point, but most likely you won't find a site there right now. We schedule it 9 months to the day in advance, so back in November we're booked. We'll be there Aug. 7-17 this year. It's a blast!!! I don't drive the truck the whole time we're there! If you don't know the waters up there, do yourself a favor and buy a GPS, it's worth every penny for one. There's a lot of stuff not marked, or very minimal markings. As for stuff to do, it's just one big party all week. Tons of stuff going on in town (A-Bay) and lot's of skin at Lake of the Isle. On the first Saturday, Aug. 8th this year, there's a HUGE poker run, it's awesome to watch all the boats! You'll have a great time, and even better if you know people up there! Feel free to get in touch if you want. On a side note, hope you're coming out to 3 Mile this weekend, should be a great time as always! Did you get your glass back yet?
Check out the TIBBC thread you'll get a little or a lot of insight. as mentioned if you don't know the river get a GPS or hence the 1800+ islands with 5 times as many shoals will get you. First weekend as mentioned is the Kingston Proker run as well. Check out the route there taking to decide where to view from. most likley spots will be east of A-bay or on the north side of Wellesley Island
Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
Yes I did get the glass back, looks pretty sweet. We never even took the boat out last weekend, didnt wana chance having to clean the damn thing from trailering in the rain. I had planned on coming out 3 mile this weekend but my buddy called me last night and they have an extra room at a place they rented in old forge for the weekend at no charge, so I am taking them up on the offer and bringing the boat up there for some place different. O yeah and I just happen to get a brand new garmin marine gps with the boat when I bought it, I have been playing with it and it is pretty sweet.

Last edited by generalee31184; 06-23-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: adding info