Notices

Lake Cumberland

Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just glad we did not have to go looking for her under the boat. I was not the only one, there was another guy that jumped in from another boat tied up a couple down from the houseboat. From what I read she broke her hip. She is lucky.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

It was a great safe run but the lack of factory support really showed in both boat count and $$$ boats. Between LCM and Hill Top we lost Outerlimits, Fountain, Formula, and Sunsation.

Last year they had 120 boats, this year just 80. Perhaps if the organizers want to get the boat count up they should consider cutting the entry price. I really don't see why they need to charge a $500 entry fee when other Poker Runs in the area (Nashville, Knoxville) can put them on for $125. After all, our Poker Run boats are show and the reason the Marinas rent out all their rooms and houseboats for the weekend. It might be sefl-serving but I really think it's true. Cutting the enrtry fee in half would help keep the boat count up and keep the crowds coming.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered

The problem with the cheaper ones is there is no potential for a prize.
I have to assume the costs really add up. The breakfast, lunch and dinner costs can't be cheap. And the quality was great, I don't think was a shortage either. 2 T-shirts are include at $25 each. The band costs something and I supect the DJ does also. I also have to think there is a insurance cost that no one really sees. There are legal costs as well plus the permit process. Not to mentional the time involved in planning.

I for one don't like it being 500 bucks, BUT... it is a great event and I will do it again next year.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hilltop will be back next year. Formula isn't doing the Poker Run circuit this year and Sunsation had a limited schedule. Money is very tight for all of us right now and decided to hang on the the money so we'll still be around for next year.

The run was a safe one and fun was had by all. The young man's death was certainly a tradgedy and the lady was very lucky. We were directly behind the houseboat when she fell and we all thought the worst, she's VERY fortunate to have only a broken hip!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in favor of cheaper events too , I have done 2 events this year at $200. with less pay out . I can't afford $500. entry and $350 fuel plus other expences .
Old 09-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by tim brown
I am in favor of cheaper events too , I have done 2 events this year at $200. with less pay out . I can't afford $500. entry and $350 fuel plus other expences .
If I had your money I would burn mine.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Tssteph, she is a live because of you and a couple of other people, you were in the water before most even knew what was going on!!!

Back to the run it was going to cost us over 800 just in entry fees then add in fuel and sea pumps... We had a great time anyway and look forward to going next year.

And the party at State, well Nati said i had a great time!!!! But the drive home Sunday was a little rough.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered

bobkats was that you in the blue and yellow mystic?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Registered

Sure sorry to here about the young man. We had a great time in Harmon Creek. great boats and great people everyone semed to be friendly and curtious. I would also be in favor of a lower fee I have too wonder though if its not high on purpose to limit the boat count . If more spectaters were partisipating I m not sure they could handle it . The spectator count had too be close several hundred if not a thousand. Anybody hear a count in Harmon Creek or on the coarse?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

That was us, where were you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.