Boaters "SNOWMOBILE POKER RUN" Old Forge Ny This Winter >

Boaters "SNOWMOBILE POKER RUN" Old Forge Ny This Winter

Notices

Boaters "SNOWMOBILE POKER RUN" Old Forge Ny This Winter

Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boaters "SNOWMOBILE POKER RUN" Old Forge Ny This Winter

Hey guys I know lots of us lose touch over the winter with our boating friends, and I know many of us ride sleds. I have a place in Inlet Ny where I spend all mw winter weekends, and was thinking of organizing and "BOATERS" Sled Poker Run in the Old Forge area this winter. If anyone has some ideas or would like to participate let me know here so I can get an idea of what size of event to put together, I would like to hear ideas on dates, length of the run, stops and any interesting twist you may come up with, Thanks..........and it was 16 here the other night and we got 2" of snow!!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Bikini Contest in the snow??????
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

Im in with at least one other boater with a sled.
1 vote for bikini contest.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:14 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This sounds like fun might run it bye the Chi-Town guy's ....road trip. Cann you give me a better idea of the location you are talking about.......
Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Sign me up. Bet there would be a few SPBA ( Pirate's Run ) members interested also.

This is a great idea that hopefully comes together !!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I like the frozen tee shirt contest from the Swamp Run a couple of years ago!!!! See if you can get Lindsey and someone you know real well to participate. I'd be there for sure!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Registered

A great idea. Go for it, and keep us posted,
Old 10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been to Tug Hill several times and enjoyed the sledding. 8 hour drive from Detroit metro area. I do remember the hassle on out-of-state sledding BS that we had to go thru. Give us the latest in what is required of us non-NY state sledders and what it takes TODAY to make the sled legal to drive without tickets.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Been to Tug Hill several times and enjoyed the sledding. 8 hour drive from Detroit metro area. I do remember the hassle on out-of-state sledding BS that we had to go thru. Give us the latest in what is required of us non-NY state sledders and what it takes TODAY to make the sled legal to drive without tickets.
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#Snowmobiles

You have to register your sled in NY. Its cheaper if you join a club. Without the club membership, its $100 to register.

To ride in Old Forge, you must also pay the trail fees there, as they are not part of the NY trail system. I believe that you can buy a daily/weekdays only/season pass. This you can get in Webb or Old Forge when you get there. The NY registration, needs to be gotten before, unless you are there on a day that DMV is open.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NY POWERBOAT INC
Hey guys I know lots of us lose touch over the winter with our boating friends, and I know many of us ride sleds. I have a place in Inlet Ny where I spend all mw winter weekends, and was thinking of organizing and "BOATERS" Sled Poker Run in the Old Forge area this winter. If anyone has some ideas or would like to participate let me know here so I can get an idea of what size of event to put together, I would like to hear ideas on dates, length of the run, stops and any interesting twist you may come up with, Thanks..........and it was 16 here the other night and we got 2" of snow!!

Sounds like a great time ...I'd love to do it ,I have a place in Brantingham and have been Riding OF & Tug a long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.