Notices

***2010 Pirate Run****

Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoboater
Looking forward to that weekend! Im working in Oswego(nine mile point) so I get to drive by the lake to and from work. Really gets my blood pumping looking at it, I dont know how you guys that live there dont go nuts in the winter
also a 30 outlaw and 27 fountain and a 23 rinker that is stupid fast.
We snowmobile in the winter. I have NOS on mine, lol....
But things are ramping up. There were a lot of guys fishing on the lake this weekend. And a few years ago in February I took a boat ride to the Ramada for dinner. Had the snowmobile suit and helmet on. People were looking a me pretty strange when I came in to eat... But it was a blast, if you never drove a boat with a helmet on you need to do it just once.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered

Im too whimpy when it comes to cold weather stuff. Bring on the 85+ degree weather and Im in!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DonRoc
I just got back from the "Spring Fling". It was a good time of socialization with fellow power boaters. About 40 people showed up. The Showboat said Ball Breaker will not be playing.... no comment on that. So moving on. The live entertainment for Saturday was up in the air, so I offered to pay for a band and it was approved. I am looking at a band from Binghamton, Wreckless Marci. I will know in a week or so, if not I will be looking at some local Classic rock cover bands.
Great news is the Showboat will be serving food until midnight on Friday and Saturday. It should be a great weekend.
DonRoc is the man. Super nice gesture about the Saturday band. I have to say after talking with the management from Showboat :cuqui:I'm surprised how their attitude about the weekend has done a 180. They even said they would pick up the entertainment for Friday night!! And the kitchen open until 12:00!!!....Holy Chit!! They have elected a young lady by the name of Stacey to manage the Kitchen/Bar operations Just as a heads up I asked John about room availability. So far the Showboat and the Rainbow Cove are still booked. Neither venue has had any cancellations. John did have concerns regarding docking. He has decided to let our club manage the dock spaces on behalf of the Showboat. In return he will donate a portion of the proceeds to the SPBA for our efforts. The slips will be renting for $100 for the weekend. The number to call is 607-535-2671. Ask for Bob. So in summary here is where we stand:
1) the SPBA is having a BBQ dinner on Sat. for club members. If your a member you eat free.
2) Showboat will have entertainment on Friday.
3) Glen Harbor Marina a.k.a DonRoc is very generously picking up the tab for the entertainment on Saturday.
4) Rumor has it VP may donate a Extreme Cooler to Raffle off. This guy just lives to have a great time.
5) When we get hungry for food at 11:00 pm...Showboat will be open. Big difference from last years 8:00 pm closure..........with a couple hundred people milling around the dock.
6) Showboat and Rainbow are booked. The owners of both venues have a sneaking suspision a majority of their reservations were placed by people who enjoy the Finger Lakes & boating. Something about boating on Seneca in late June.
7) After the summer we had in Upstate NY last year, everybody I've spoken with is ready to unwind and have a great time.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
DonRoc is the man. Super nice gesture about the Saturday band. I have to say after talking with the management from Showboat :cuqui:I'm surprised how their attitude about the weekend has done a 180. They even said they would pick up the entertainment for Friday night!! And the kitchen open until 12:00!!!....Holy Chit!! They have elected a young lady by the name of Stacey to manage the Kitchen/Bar operations Just as a heads up I asked John about room availability. So far the Showboat and the Rainbow Cove are still booked. Neither venue has had any cancellations. John did have concerns regarding docking. He has decided to let our club manage the dock spaces on behalf of the Showboat. In return he will donate a portion of the proceeds to the SPBA for our efforts. The slips will be renting for $100 for the weekend. The number to call is 607-535-2671. Ask for Bob. So in summary here is where we stand:
1) the SPBA is having a BBQ dinner on Sat. for club members. If your a member you eat free.
3) Glen Harbor Marina a.k.a DonRoc is very generously picking up the tab for the entertainment on Saturday.
4) Rumor has it VP may donate a Extreme Cooler to Raffle off. This guy just lives to have a great time.
5) When we get hungry for food at 11:00 pm...Showboat will be open. Big difference from last years 8:00 pm closure..........with a couple hundred people milling around the dock.
6) Showboat and Rainbow are booked. The owners of both venues have a sneaking suspision a majority of their reservations were placed by people who enjoy the Finger Lakes & boating. Something about boating on Seneca in late June.
7) After the summer we had in Upstate NY last year, everybody I've spoken with is ready to unwind and have a great time.
Cool Still want my 2 dock spots as always.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
Are there any planned 'boating' activities during the weekend, like a convoy, flotilla, anything???

I obviously don't understand all the details of what went down here - just trying to decide if it's worth putting the boat in for the weekend, or just popping in for the 'entertainment.'
Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 PM
VP
Registered

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Are there any planned 'boating' activities during the weekend, like a convoy, flotilla, anything???

I obviously don't understand all the details of what went down here - just trying to decide if it's worth putting the boat in for the weekend, or just popping in for the 'entertainment.'
YES - water sports should happen!! Not sure what may occur because who can control a bunch of POWER HUNGRY GO FAST POWER BOATERS when there are no rules or event dictating what can and can not be done ? Do you know what I mean

I do know the Black Pearl (PREZ's home at sea) will be out on the water for some slow, but LOUD rockin and rollin cruises at some point. We should see how many folks we can fit on that tug of his.

There may also be a trolling competiton (I will leave that your imagination as to what the hell that is)...... you know PREZ and his ideas sometimes

vp
Old 03-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

There may also be a trolling competiton (I will leave that your imagination as to what the hell that is)...... you know PREZ and his ideas sometimes

vp[/QUOTE]

The execution of some of the "Special Op's" of the past has been somewhat poor at best.
Let's see...........Braveheart Start, well that one is pretty cool. Then it was operation Skull and Crossbones that had about a 50% rate of understanding, or maybe half the boats' throttles stuck ?
Trolling competition sounds a little fishy. Seems like someone is trying to design an event that their particular boat may be able to compete in.
Or maybe it is a contest of who can convince the best looking troll ( or under-bridge dweller at Watkins Glen end ) to join their crew.

Actually this un-organized event should go much smoother than previous attempts
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O

vp

The execution of some of the "Special Op's" of the past has been somewhat poor at best.
Let's see...........Braveheart Start, well that one is pretty cool. Then it was operation Skull and Crossbones that had about a 50% rate of understanding, or maybe half the boats' throttles stuck ?
Trolling competition sounds a little fishy. Seems like someone is trying to design an event that their particular boat may be able to compete in.
Or maybe it is a contest of who can convince the best looking troll ( or under-bridge dweller at Watkins Glen end ) to join their crew.

Actually this un-organized event should go much smoother than previous attempts[/QUOTE]

OK...now that's some funny chit right there.

KO did you get a new rig? I must have missed the memo. Your Avatar doesn't look like the Holy Cow I remember.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Registered

Default Band

The band I wanted s booked.. Anyone know of a good clasic rock band? Not to far away I could check out first, for the event? What do you think about a DJ? Nice thing is the play what you want... But not as cool as a band, Well better than some.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonRoc
The band I wanted s booked.. Anyone know of a good clasic rock band? Not to far away I could check out first, for the event? What do you think about a DJ? Nice thing is the play what you want... But not as cool as a band, Well better than some.
Don roc

How come your not down painting the pizza joint that for some reason cant stay open, Looks like the need for speed needs to start a new job.As far as the trolling goes everybody has to remember need sold the weapon and he now drives a 30 mph slug that can haul 40 people around it should be a good party on the water if everybody that shows up rafts off of the BLACK PEARL (that would be a cool pic 60 + boats tide up to that slug.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.