Notices

Tickfaw 200

Old 03-19-2010, 12:22 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 154 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2

Look, there are some raw feelings about the whole situation and that's just the way it is. Kinda like discussing religion or politics. Everyone has their viewpoint and you're not going to change anyone's mind at this point. Let's get through this year. Next year all will be right with the world again.

Let's have a safe and fun first weekend of May, no matter which event you choose to attend. Show our out of town guests a great time. See you guys on the water!

well put croozin
Old 03-19-2010, 07:12 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
well put croozin
+1
Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered

Summers around here have really not been the same as it was 2 years ago let's all make the most out of this one. Not enough people in the boating community as it is to not get along all need to get togather and have fun with all. Needs to be pretty damn good time this summer to justify all the cake we spend on our chariots. Just my .02
Old 03-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 38Lightning
Summers around here have really not been the same as it was 2 years ago let's all make the most out of this one. Not enough people in the boating community as it is to not get along all need to get togather and have fun with all. Needs to be pretty damn good time this summer to justify all the cake we spend on our chariots. Just my .02
+1 The past couple years have been weak on the water, to say the least. Hell, you used to have to weave through the boats at the Prop Stop on any holiday weekend. Now you could almost blast through there at cruising speed. Looking forward to seeing everyone this year!!

BTW, there's gonna be a nice new Ciggie on the Tickfaw this year. 42X with a pair of 900's and 6's. Took a ride in it yesterday. Sweet!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Registered

Default Drop in boating

The boating industry (across the board, not just power boats) have been experiencing their worst year(s) EVER. Several of our power boat maufacturers have went belly up or bought out. Not good.

The economy and gas prices have people a bit puckered up, too. I do what I can to promote ALL events on ALL of our waterways. A lot of us welcome new events and not necesssarily 'just' poker runs, (of which, we have a bunch each year).

I have said what I had to say about another poker run moving to May 1st this year. I hope all that paticipate (especially our out of towners) have a fun and safe trip and come back often.

I would like to do what I can to assist with The Tickfaw 200 in 2011. So, to you experienced power boaters that enjoy running poker runs all over this great country of ours, please do me a favor. Straight up, I'd like to hear from you about ideas and suggestions on how to make the best possible poker run. (Most especially the things you like AND don't like about poker runs you have been on; both in Lousiana and elsewhere). A sincere request on my part. Either post here, or e-mail to me at [email protected]. I want to hear from you.

I will be passing on to my friends at Blood River Landing the ideas and suggestions I receive. (Please, no *****ing or complaining...ideas and suggestions is what we want)! When I say 'they' (Tickfaw 200 People) are busy NOW planning for NEXT YEAR, I really mean it. I am excited about it and I know Charlie is proud of what they are doing. I am cancelling several events that I had planned for this year, finishing up several pending projects I am working on, and volunteering to do whatever I can to help them. I hope you start now....before boating season even begins this year, to get excited about NEXT YEAR.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.