Notices

TICKFAW 200/charlie Memory

Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An important announcement about May 1st AND May 2nd coming soon (hopefully later today). Hint: It pertains to Crazy Charlie. Definitely keep this weekend open!!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

Been working on it all morning, but got the news posted about May 1st and May 2nd and the boat processions in memory of Crazy Charlie. Details are on my website (what I know for sure so far). www.riverratrob.com Hope to see you there.

Rob
Old 02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Registered

It is official that the Royal Purple Poker Run Will be May 1st. It will have some changes in reference to stops and they are hoping to improve the way most poker runs are done in the area. More to follow.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

Default May 1 - 2 Crazy Charlie Boat Procession

The Killian Police Department will host a boat procession in honor of "Crazy Charlie" and the Tickfaw 200 2010. Though the Tickfaw 200 was cancelled this year, due to time needed for the transfer in ownership, the police department along with others invite all supporters and boaters to participate and not let this day go by without showing our love (or hate) for Charlie and to support the Tickfaw 200.
Boaters meet in front of Blood River Landing at 9:00 and will be lead by the Killian Police department to the lake. Go to riverratrob.com for all details.
The Propstop will be open and running water taxi all day. Contests, drink specials and a tribute to Charlie. A portion of sales will go to the Crazy Charlie Albert Memorial Fund which supports police and first responders in our areas.
The best of news of all...
THE TICKFAW 200 WILL BE BACK THE FIRST SATURDAY IN MAY (JUST AS BEFORE) IN 2011!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered

Information about the boat procession is under Upcoming Events (and some other cool things about Charlie, too, and more to come!) www.riverratrob.com

Last edited by riverratrob; 02-28-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered

Default Saturday, May 1 on the Tickfaw River

There will be a party at Prop Stop after the boat procession from Tickfaw Marina to the lake. We hope to have all of Tickfaw 200 participants and friends of Charlie's there to help celebrate this day, and give your support of The Tickfaw 200 2011. This will be just a great fun filled day, and we look forward to having everyone back at Blood River Landing for this annual event next year.

Even though there will not be a poker run this year, we ask you to join us, as we remember Charlie on this day. Charlie left his beloved Blood River Landing, to his dear friend Joey. He will be our guest of honor at the party, and looks forward to meeting old and new friends of Charlie’s. Next year, The Tickfaw 200 be held again as always on the first Saturday in May at Blood River Landing. We are disappointed that it could not be done this year, but it just could not happen. So please come by and show your support of the Tickfaw 200 and meet Joey.
I know Charlie would have appreciated it.
I am also proud to announce that Joey has added the Prop Stop as a stop to the Tickfaw 200 in 2011. Charlie told me before he died that he was going to put Prop Stop as a stop on the Tickfaw 200, and it really meant a lot to us. So thank you Joey, for carrying out his wishes on that, that also means more to me than you know!
A marriage made in heaven, The Tickfaw 200 and The Prop Stop, it don’t get any better than that baby!!!!
See yall there! Its gonna be great!
Kathy and Lance