TC Bay Blast Poker Run, July 17th, Traverse City, Michigan >

TC Bay Blast Poker Run, July 17th, Traverse City, Michigan

Notices

TC Bay Blast Poker Run, July 17th, Traverse City, Michigan

Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC Bay Blast Poker Run, July 17th, Traverse City, Michigan

It official! It's been four months of planning/meeting/juggling locations but we've got it set for sure! First annual TC Bay Blast Poker Run - Traverse City, Michigan - Saturday, July 17th, 2010.

Volunteer/Non-Profit event put on for boaters by boaters to enjoy our beautiful crystal clear waters of West Grand Traverse Bay! Cost will be $350 hand - includes entry and dinner/banquet for two, two event shirts. Multiple prizes and CASH PURSE - payout based from amount of entries.

Reception at prestigious Top of the Park (Park Place Hotel) - best view in town! Three entree dinner, music/dancing, cash bar. Seven card hand. Estimated purse = $5,000.00

We have a block of slips reserved for this event at Clinch Marina, downtown Traverse City (base location), that will be filled on a first come/first serve basis - this is a good reason to sign up early! We also can get limited slips at Centerpointe Marina as overflow if required next to the Elmwood Township Marina/Launch. (Elmwood is where you will want to launch your boat - excellent launch area with large docks - 50' boats are no problem).

This was just an "idea" that we had at the end of last summer and it has become a reality! There has never been a Poker Run in West Bay based out of downtown Traverse City before and we have one of the most beautiful places/water to boat! We still have a ton of work to do but wanted to let you all know that it is a "GO" for sure so you can mark your calendars! We have a base website started (still under construction) that we will regularly add to/update with information on this event. Sign up sheets should be ready within the next few weeks online. Additional wristbands for riders that want to attend the reception but not purchase a card hand will be available at a cost TBD at a later date. We have had tremendous response from all over this area, downstate Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin so we encourage everyone to sign up early - we probably will have to cut this one off at 50 hands this year due to limited space - this is one you won't want to miss!

Visit http://www.tcbayblast.com

Our goal was/is to have a first class poker run that is affordable and FUN for everyone and we've finally done it!

Looking forward to meeting you at the docks!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Matt, Not sure if I missed anything....are the sign up applications available yet? Thanks, Mark
Old 02-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be something to check out..
Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

KAAMA - great talking with you the other day. Look forward to seeing you up here this summer. We have our next meeting scheduled for this coming Monday and I will have a better idea when the sign up sheets will be available. We want to get people signed up as early as we can so we know what we are in for in case we need to re-adjust anything. The responses have been great - I get several calls/emails every week. Sounds like we have some very cool people and boats coming up for this one. Be sure to let me know next time you are coming up to TC and I'll meet you for lunch and we'll take a drive over to the Elmwood launch - just was talking to a buddy today with the 37 Outerlimits, he said to let you know that you could bring a 50' and launch there with no problem. Plus, we are planning on having someone around to help on Friday at the launch to make it easy for everyone.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Default Great Idea

I have put in @ Elmwood Twp several times with a 38' and it shouldnt be a problem with a 50' - might take some manuevering around, but it will work.

This poker run idea in TC was a great one!! Need to have more of them in Northern Michigan.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Registered

Did some minor updates on the website tonite. Sorry about the music on the photos - cant get it to switch over! A few good pics of this area and how we boat...and some cool blue water pics! Updated schedule, weather permitting, we are going to run it up to Northport (from our last meeting). Card stops are listed. Menu for reception is listed in the "announcement" area. Sign up sheets & maps not quite completed but will be posted soon. Can't believe its only four months away...
Old 03-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Registered

http://www.tcbayblast.com
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Would you happpen to know the total miles of the run. I looked at the site and the stops but having never been there it means nothing to me.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatfreak
Would you happpen to know the total miles of the run. I looked at the site and the stops but having never been there it means nothing to me.
Very close to 80 miles round trip. We will get maps up soon that corrispond/show the card stops.

Just tried to put a link on here through mapquest but it didn't work....I'll try something else shortly to get you at least a basic idea of route.

Last edited by 357Matt; 03-07-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Thanks, that answers my question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.