Notices

Potomac River Poker Run

Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potomac River Poker Run

Who's goin? I need info, we need to make this poker run big this year!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

I'll be there. I know it's june 12th, that all I know for now. You may be able to find more info on Tim's rivershore website.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

Yea it would be nice to see a good turnout. It's really been lacking the last couple of years & the potental is there for a great run.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

Lets blow it up!!

Well lets blow it up and make this one a good one!! I think we are due! Gas prices aren't too bad yet? I chked the website, and I don't see the form or any info yet. I'll talk to Guy this weekend and try to get it hyped up.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Registered

I sure would like to see a better crowd. I have been doing this run for several years and it seems to be declining each year. this run has great potential to be a great event. with the stops available, and the ammount of people that boat this area in general, I would think this run would easily get 75 to 100 boats.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats one of the problems with it. The same stops, almost every year. Tim does a good job hosting it but, after running it 4 or 5 years in a row, just get tired of going to the same old places. I started running some fun runs on the Patuxent, new places to go and new people to meet. The river is shorter, and the run is not as long, but its a good time. Always 40-50 boats.
marylandpowerboatclub.com
Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Thats one of the problems with it. The same stops, almost every year. Tim does a good job hosting it but, after running it 4 or 5 years in a row, just get tired of going to the same old places. I started running some fun runs on the Patuxent, new places to go and new people to meet. The river is shorter, and the run is not as long, but its a good time. Always 40-50 boats.
marylandpowerboatclub.com
I would also be interested in that run! I want to hit a bunch of them this year! We had bad weather last weekend so I didn't get a chance to talk to Guy, but I think we could make this years poker run better, then we could change it with some influence next year!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

Sign me up... wanna take a look at the back of that Eliminator I was too scared to buy.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

You should check out the jammin on the James run, there will be 125 boats this year. Hopewell to portsmouth. We are doing the smith mountain lake run next weekend, and the Norfolk run in September.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

That Eliminator will be there! I might do the Jammin on the James, I'll see how the Potomac run goes first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.