Notices

Rochester-Eagle Creek Run

Old 08-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a great time, we have some photos we will be emailing, there are also pictures on the ROPA facebook page. We raised over $800 for ALS. We will plan for next year a lot sooner so that people can plan to attend.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
How was it? Any pics? I heard Roger out ran HTGMotorsports with Black Velvet III.
Almost, that was me he outran. Class act that Roger is he came back to wait for me to diagnose (with the help of his test light), then temporary wire a power source for one of my ignitions to get running again.
Then we cruised back together arriving in time for dinner.
Many thanks again to Roger.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Almost, that was me he outran. Class act that Roger is he came back to wait for me to diagnose (with the help of his test light), then temporary wire a power source for one of my ignitions to get running again.
Then we cruised back together arriving in time for dinner.
Many thanks again to Roger.
Roger is the best! I'll pass it on to him since he said "he has no use for computers".
Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Coastie.

Also thanks to HTG Rob for a hand getting back on the trailer.

Boat is resolved, found a loose connection that resulted in a blown mini-fuse hidden in wiring harness. Thanks to service manual it clued me in what to look for. Now manual, test light, and spare fuses will be onboard.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 195 Likes on 76 Posts

I really wish I could have made it, but I was working at the marina all day long - on other folks boats. My son watched you guys go by from his mom's house and said you guys looked pretty impressive. Once again, Mother Nature smiles on ROPA!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
I really wish I could have made it, but I was working at the marina all day long - on other folks boats. My son watched you guys go by from his mom's house and said you guys looked pretty impressive. Once again, Mother Nature smiles on ROPA!
It would have been nice to have you along. There was some pretty impressive hardware out there. We are already planning for next year to be bigger and better!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cig92
there will be a few of use running down from wilson. looks like the weather is going to be great. see you soon
I wanted to thank you guys for running with us. You brought some beautiful boats. Maybe next year you'll have the whole day free.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member

Once again ROPA did a fine job...great run especially for a last minute throw together. It was a excellent day of boating ... relaxing...great water...great marina...great food...and great people. Thanks to all !
Old 08-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Bonehead

So, I pulled the BONEHEAD maneuver of the summer, and missed out here. I realized on Friday that Saturday was the first Saturday of the summer that I didn't have to be at a Lacrosse tournament or a hockey tournament. I didn't have time to pull my boat out of the water and trailer up for this run, so I reached out to Bill to find out the schedule...he let me know that you guys would be departing from Eagle Creek at 11am. So I woke up early, pimped the boat, and made it to Eagle Creek Marina by 10.45am. Not knowing the waters in there, and not having a depth finder, I didn't have the courage to feel my way into the marina.

After sitting out there for an hour, I got so excited when 4 boats came flying out of the Marina, I thought this must be the start. So as they passed me by, I leaned on the sticks and caught up to these 4 - all along thinking there had to be more than 4 boats on this run - but every time I looked back towards the marina, no other boats were coming out.

Being this was my first run of the year (only having 14 hours on my boat for the season), I was admitedly a bit anxious. So I ran with these 4 boats from Rochester. However, they were cruising around 60mph, with the exception of a quick burst by a white skater, that looked, and sounded really fast (I was told later this was Kirk and rumored to do 160mph, so I would have no shot of keeping up w/him if he did lean on 'em). I indulged for a couple of big speed bursts, just cuz the water was so awesome and the boat was running so well, I couldn't resist - then circled back around and joint this 4 boat convoy again.

So I arrive at Pelicans with these 4 boats, and just as I finish tying up my boat, I see the crew coming in. HTG-Rob, Flash, KellyO, Ted Hosmer, Bill etc...

I FRIGGIN' MISSED RUNNING W/THE BOYZ BECAUSE I TOOK OFF TO EARLY - Are you kidding me?

Nonetheless, it was great chatting with you guys at Pelicans for a bit. Your rigs all looked great.

When we shot over to Marges, I decided to put my boat away, and bring out the jetski. I like to get deep into the mayhem there, and don't have the cojones to bring my boat back there.

I later checked my phone, and a bunch of my gang had texted me while we were at Pelicans to organize the group to do a fly by Marges, as one of my buddies had a video camera ready to get some footage. Oh well, hopefully you guys got some great shots of each other, and I look forward to seeing them posted.

It truly was a stellar day, and I'm glad some of you were able to come from out of town and get a chance to enjoy our portion of this lake.

Next time I'll be more prepared, and not allow rookie bonhead maneuvers to make me miss the fun.

Sorry I missed you guys. I can't wait to get back in the game.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:37 PM
yak
Registered

Junkie,
I for one are greatfull of your screwup. I was one of the four boats out of Wilson that you ran with. With my little boat I don't get to run with the big dogs. To be in 22 scarab and run with that group was a thrill for me and my son. We were on top of the world.Great fun, Great people, Great boats, and thanks to all!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.