Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
June 25th - Pirate Run - 2011 >

June 25th - Pirate Run - 2011

Notices

June 25th - Pirate Run - 2011

Old 04-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Yall. I was there last year and really enjoyed the lake and scenery, this year John says he s going to have a poker run, Well I guess I will pull up from Florida again and enjoy the Pirates, 32 foot Velocity, HALFAST. see ya thar
Old 04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PIGPEN160
So what is everyone's take on having another HELICOPTER at this years run? The one we had a couple years ago is no longer available but we found another company out of the Rochester area. Would you all be willing to purchase photo's taken from the chopper to help offset the price? Input is needed as this is a significant expense.

(Just FYI...the PIRATE'S RUN is 67 short days away!)

We love to support the extra touches that make these events special. Nothing cooler than a chopper hovering over your bow while cruising the lake.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

I just wanted to let everybody who is thinking about coming to the run that although the Showboat is sold out. The Anchor INN does have rooms and slips avail. The Anchor Inn is located on Salt Point Rd. about 18 miles South of the Showboat. You could keep your boat in the water and boat to the Showboat in the Morning. Let me know if anybody needs more info.

Just got wind that TAOD may be here for the Run with one of the Manufactures they work with.
Could it be Sunsation? Perhaps Outerlimits?? Only time will tell.

Last edited by Need-the-Speed; 04-20-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered

The warmer weather must be getting people fired up because registrations are starting to come in now .....
yee haw.....62 more days till the Pirates Run !
Old 04-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scagburner
Typically, these photos run $20 - $25 which I would gladly buy a few provided the helicopter doesn’t completely miss me as it did last time…

Someone else should confirm the price.
Yea kelly they completly missed me also and id love to buy a few good shots.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Rick – Put down the beer… This is JOHN, not KELLY… Oh, and the reason it missed you is because you was beside me! (well maybe you were slightly behind me…)

Last edited by Scagburner; 04-24-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Registered

Steiny, the way that you guys have partied at past years' events, I have no doubt that a 'few good shots' were consumed !

Now as for the chopper, SPBA needs more support shown by more participants to indicate they would purchase heli-photos.

If you want it, speak up or the idea may not FLY !!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Registered

Almost Forgot !!!!

V.P. sold his boat (after how many years of listing ???) !!!

I'm sure the pirate costume was kept, so mayhem and hilarity will continue during judging and awards ceremonies.

Word is his dockspace is available since the Extreme Coolers he provides for Friday night's obsta-cooler races have yet to receive their CG amphibious certification.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scagburner
Rick – Put down the beer… This is JOHN, not KELLY… Oh, and the reason it missed you is because you was beside me! (well maybe you were slightly behind me…)
Whats up john hows the lake looking at raystown high and full of dabree im sure after all the damn rain.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats up john hows the lake looking at raystown high and full of dabree im sure after all the damn rain.
Rick – The lake is a bit of a mess at the moment. It’s only about a foot high but it’s real muddy and the fishing guys say there is a considerable amount of debris floating.

Kelly – it doesn’t look like much of a response for the aerial photos but I’m still in if you can pull it off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.