Notices

Boyne Thunder 2012

Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
The current set up is nice with all the open water. People really get to appreciate lake Michigan compared to all the smaller inland lake poker runs.

Elk Rapids hates power boats

Maybe old mission point, fox islands, beaver island, bay harbor. Etc.

Its really hard to make a great event better!!!
we have had a bunch of people that think the 2 long open water runs 2 & from the Beav can B tough if the water is rough & I understand!!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
we have had a bunch of people that think the 2 long open water runs 2 & from the Beav can B tough if the water is rough & I understand!!
I agree and have been there when the water was rough, 6-8's!! BUT if its out of the west it will be rough most the way to Elk Rapids and back anyways......

I will keep thinking, no matter what we will be there, with our boat or on yours!! LOL
Old 11-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 117 Likes on 35 Posts

Dr T can fit 10 people on his boat now!!! There would be more room, but he won't let anyone go down under. He is afraid someone might steel his Little River Band CD!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Default Course suggestion!

Boyne City 2 Elk Rapids 2 Northport then the long run 2 Bay Harbor 4 lunch then back 2 BC!!!! About 130 miles??????
Old 11-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Number one choice from BT meeting tonight-Boyne City,Elk Rapids,North Port, Charlevoix for lunch, pop back out to Bay Harbor and return to Summer Set. Time for more input, distance very close to present course.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Elk Rapids had a change of heart on offshore boats?

ELk Rapids has a very nice facility with that being said myself and a few others with offshore boats stayed there about 4 years ago for the fourth. The members were not too happy to have us. On the final day we recieved a standing ovation when we loaded the boats on the trailer. Yes, we were very respectful when it came the noise. It would be a great facilty if we could get Elk to participate.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

I belive the card stop will be outside of the marina, that way we won't have to put up with the Blow Boaters BS, but nice to have a stop with fuel and nice marina near for mechanial issues, a little tough towing from Beaver Island
Old 11-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jason3603
ELk Rapids has a very nice facility with that being said myself and a few others with offshore boats stayed there about 4 years ago for the fourth. The members were not too happy to have us. On the final day we recieved a standing ovation when we loaded the boats on the trailer. Yes, we were very respectful when it came the noise. It would be a great facilty if we could get Elk to participate.
all I keep hearing is how they hate powerboaters in Elk!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOval
I belive the card stop will be outside of the marina, that way we won't have to put up with the Blow Boaters BS, but nice to have a stop with fuel and nice marina near for mechanial issues, a little tough towing from Beaver Island
Good point on fuel and towing. Elk does have mid-grade fuel. Being towed from Beaver Island or idleing on one engine will make for a long day.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jason3603
Good point on fuel and towing. Elk does have mid-grade fuel. Being towed from Beaver Island or idleing on one engine will make for a long day.
With lunch in Char we R hope'n people will use Ward bros right next 2 the marina 4 gas, plus they may try & get a tanker in w/ 93 for us!!! I'd rather help Char esp if they R will'n 2 help us than help a marina that doesn't want us there anyway!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.