Notices

Boyne Thunder 2012

Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I think Elk Rapids would not have a problem participating....

I remember checking out the marina at Elk Rapids before bringing my boat up there to launch in 2005 or so.

And while I was there checking it out, I approached the personel (city employees) who were running the operations there and asked who was in charge. I was directed to a woman who is the Manager of the marina and I specificly remember asking her about boaters wanting to launch loud, offshore boats there. I also explained that my boat may be a little louder than some of the others.

She was very nice and polite and she told me that many of the yearly slip renters (mostly sailboaters) in the marina do not like the offshore boats coming there to launch or being there, and I remember her saying they (the sailboaters) have bent her ear about it at times, but she said they don't manage the marina...she does, and she said she welcomes offshore boaters and has NO PROBLEMS with the offshore boats coming there as long as they were as respectful as possible with the noise.

That was several years ago-----then I approached her again within the last year or so, and she basically said the same thing as she did the first time and she has always been very polite and proffessional.
Hey Mark, all I keep hear'n is how they hate our boats there!! C Jasons post a couple pages back!!! not say'n the harbor master gal but the boaters/bloboaters there! Apparently they think their chit doesn't stink!!! we don't want that in our program!! so when we say card stop at Elk it will most likely B a boat outside the marina area!!! FK'm!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Hey Mark, all I keep hear'n is how they hate our boats there!! C Jasons post a couple pages back!!! not say'n the harbor master gal but the boaters/bloboaters there! Apparently they think their chit doesn't stink!!! we don't want that in our program!! so when we say card stop at Elk it will most likely B a boat outside the marina area!!! FK'm!!!
You are spot on. The harbor master was a great lady very friendly. My experience was from about four years ago, who knows there could be all new members nowadays.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface

Hiya Trace! Yeah, already been reading this whole thread. I have heard that too about many or most of the boaters there at Elk.

I'm not really out trying to annoy anyone, but I guess I have always expected and accepted the fact that I am always going to hear some sort of racket whenever I am around the water.

I am going to see if perhaps I can make BT for 2012---we will see.

Anyway, a card stop just outside of Elk sounds like a great idea.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

We're in Traverse City and would gladly volunteer to be the card boat at Elk Rapids or Northport.
ed
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
We're in Traverse City and would gladly volunteer to be the card boat at Elk Rapids or Northport.
ed
Thanx Ed!!! I will make note!!!! we have a meet'n Thurs Dec 15th & will tell all the powers that B about my Charlevoix findings & C if we can get things nailed down 4 shore!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Michelle has said its okay for us to go visit you clowns again this year...but I'm DEFINATELY gonna need fuel if the run is 140 miles. And I will be needing the 93 stuff...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Michelle has said its okay for us to go visit you clowns again this year...but I'm DEFINATELY gonna need fuel if the run is 140 miles. And I will be needing the 93 stuff...
Just drink that Sailor Jerry stuff then Peee in your tank!!!!!

Glad your in!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 118 Likes on 36 Posts

We can put a couple gas cans on the Turd Nor Tech for you. He will have plenty of room now. Make sure they don't leak Mike, hard to get that gas smell out of carpet!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 118 Likes on 36 Posts

Trying out the new name for T's boat, the 3rd 47 out of the factory, thought The Turd Nor Tech sounded good. All the Outerlimits guy's thought it was great.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlueOval
Trying out the new name for T's boat, the 3rd 47 out of the factory, thought The Turd Nor Tech sounded good. All the Outerlimits guy's thought it was great.
don't know why I didn't thunk that 1 up!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.