Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run May 18,19 2012 >

Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run May 18,19 2012

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run May 18,19 2012

Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

If you were to bounce down to Richmond, and take the route that I suggested, it might add 30 minutes to the trip. A buddy towed his 386 Sonic with a Chevy dually with only a 5.7L for power; from DC to SML a few years back. He opted for the route I describe, including towing DC to Richmond, and added less than an hour as opposed to towing down 29. 29 has a lot of lights, a lot of speed traps with patrolled 55 zones. The 360/307/460 route is a lot better. 307 is a shortcut between 360 and 460. This is a 7 mile stretch on 2 lanes that has 2 tall hills, but you can opt to bypass it.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info, I think I will take your advice, would rather go out of my way a little for an easier ride. Lived in Va all my life and have never made it to SML.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marshall we be there! He is now the president of SMLBA the only change this year is that I am the chairman of the run. Marchall is still very involved.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Registered

I am going to send it to you electronically this weekend. Having trouble with the supplied address.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by smldude
Marshall we be there! He is now the president of SMLBA the only change this year is that I am the chairman of the run. Marchall is still very involved.
Good, that means his wife will be attending which is what I was concerned about.

If he wasn't going to be there, I was going to invite her anywayz!

Just kidding Marshall!
See you soon Rick.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Good, that means his wife will be attending which is what I was concerned about.

If he wasn't going to be there, I was going to invite her anywayz!

Just kidding Marshall!
See you soon
Rick.
And she would have gooooone!! They both may be at the Jammin Chill
Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
I got one question, In the registration letter that was sent to my house, its says the Fun run is on Thur. May 17. In the information above it says Fri. Could someone let me know, so we know when to book our rooms.
We enjoy the run so much we dont want to miss anything!!
The captains get together around 10-11am to do a lunch aka fun run on Friday. Sometimes Lori and Will get this together and last year many boats participated. We were mentioning it so people could get there rooms in time on Thursday to enjoy the full weekend. Mariners Landing (www.marinerslanding.com) is extending discounted room rates Thursday May 17th through Sunday night May 20th. We have also extended the alotment of rooms this year so guys please get your rooms early. Rick 2012 Chairman
SMLBA Tom Maynard Poker Run
Old 01-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mwdill
Jay,
you should have received a packet back in Dec, if not Rick and I will be in Richmond next weekend for the Kickoff party and we will have forms then.
Or you can call him at the above number.
Gizmo, I will electronically send them to you ASAP. We are having problems with that address.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Registered

We are having a RRBA get together tomorrow night going to see how many are planning on making the trip this year. Should have 5 or 6 boats and a good crowd coming from Tappahannock this year. Hope to come out on Thursday this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Dean and Melissa.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're in this year, we can't wait and hope to bring a couple other boats with us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.