Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
June 23rd 2012 - Pirate's Run - Seneca Lake, NY >

June 23rd 2012 - Pirate's Run - Seneca Lake, NY

Notices

June 23rd 2012 - Pirate's Run - Seneca Lake, NY

Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you... where do you normaly hold your meetings ? Im just south of vestal ny .
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The April 2 meeting is scheduled to be at The Tiki Bar at 6pm, Watkins Glen.

As stated earlier, details of event will be announced after that meeting.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
The April 2 meeting is scheduled to be at The Tiki Bar at 6pm, Watkins Glen.

As stated earlier, details of event will be announced after that meeting.
With the weather we've been having, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people showed up to the meeting by boat!

Hey "bigboatsrule" feel free to come to the meeting, we always welcome fresh faces and ideas!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

If it aint broke dont fix it!!! Keep the run at the showboat!!!! WE ALL HAVE OUR ROOMS BOOKED DOWN THERE
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure why you would want to change the venue for the pirates run??? it's as close to a perfect poker run as you can get in my opinion. i think if you move things south there will be many issues to deal with not to mention a few boaters i have spoken with that will not do the run if things change.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Keep the constructive comments coming, so the club has input from participants to help guide it's decisions.

This certainly is a great event, but opportunities exist to make it even better. There may be some trade-off, but making the whole experience better for participants is the focus of the officers.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

Hello, as you can see I am a new poster and member to the site, however I have been a "stalker" on here for a while. This run seems to be a fantastic run from what I have seen, read, and hear year after year. Change can be good or bad and you never know untill you try. I think the most important thing to remember is that the run is a good gathering of a good group of people, Also a stronger point to remember is you guys do this to help out J.D.R.F which is a great cause. Where ever you may have it I'm sure it will be great and go on just like it has in the past. Hope to meet you all soon.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

As an officer of the SPBA and an individual who has been very involved in the organization of the Poker Runs since day one I can tell you (and I believe most of you already know) that we have run in to many, many, many, snags over the past few years involving it's current location and venue.

As a club, our goal has always been to make it an outstanding event with participants such as all of you returning year after year!

For 2013 we are considering a completely different location that a few of us believe would be excellent and thus far we have received complete cooperation and a very high interest from them in hosting our event. However, before we put forth any further effort and attempt to secure a date in June for next year, your opinions would be very helpful on this topic as well.

Please follow this link: http://www.genevaramada.com/ and let us know what you think?
Old 03-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Registered

Looks like a cool spot, so then we are at showboat yet this year for sure then as we all have rooms reserved. also ive always had 2 dock slips fro year 1 and still want them this year. a move to a place with more dockage would be good and that motel looks to be modern unlike where we are now.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered

Andrew, I'm going to miss our shinny top founder but I love your enthusiasm and willingness to provide the SPBA with another option for it's Poker/Pirates Run location. Showboat has been a good host but a move closer to Watkins Glen certainly has the potential to draw a much larger crowd especially when people see the Big boats roar through the Glen and settle in at the Tiki Bar for the night. I like the idea. The SPBA has been incredibly generous to JDRF and as a father of a type 1 diabetic I can't thank you enough for your support.

Last edited by JDRFDAD; 03-20-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.