Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Pirates of Lanier Poker Run, July 19 - 22 >

Pirates of Lanier Poker Run, July 19 - 22

Notices

Pirates of Lanier Poker Run, July 19 - 22

Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fantastic weekend! The video Saturday night of the run was really cool and so was the laser show and fireworks.
First class from start to finish!
Thanks John.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Boomer- that's a special locally grown spice called Sands of the Isles. It really helps with digestion!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Great, great weekend. Glad to see so many favorable opinions of my favorite lake.

John and crew did a fantastic job. I'm sure the tweaks will continue and the run will get better and better.

See everyone next year.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

What a awesome weekend!!!!!! As a local that boats on Lanier every weekend it was awesome to see the hardware the out of towners brought. I hope all had a great time like my family and I did. Thanks Lanier partners for putting on a great event. Pictures from our boat at seeitnowmedia.com then go to photo galleries and go to pirates of lanier there are 258 photos there. Sorry if we did not get your boat. If you purchase a photo a portion will go to Lanier Partners for this great charity.

Last edited by gabaja242; 07-23-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Registered

Default Pirates of Lanier Poker Run 2012

Thanks for the kind comments and yes we worked our ass off, so worth it mainly for the kids, but to see everyone come together from near and far and all that it takes to be at the right place at the right time with engines running is such a treat for us! Thank you all and yes I will post total dollars donated soon and YES! we are on for years to come! Mark it now----July 18-22, 2013! With your help we can double this event next year
Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can I book now?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered

We have a board meeting on Wednesday, will announce dollars donated and get website set up for booking next year
Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Registered

Hello,
The Lanier Partners of North Georgia, Inc. want to thank each and every one of you who participated in our Fourth Annual “Pirates of Lanier Poker Run”. It was the biggest and greatest boat poker run ever held on Lake Lanier, and even maybe the whole east coast. As you may know, safety was our main concern for the event and as well as having fun. It was a very safe and fun filled event for all who joined in.
We were able to raise over $175,000 in gross receipts which will allow us to donate a great deal of money back to our designated charities, “Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta”, “Camp Sunshine” and the NWSKids.
Without people like you, and our wonderful sponsors, volunteers and staff this would not have been possible.
We are already starting to plan for next year and hope it will be even bigger and better.
Bless each and every one of you

Sincerely,
The Board of Directors of Lanier Partners of North Georgia

On a personal note, John Woodruff and Nancy Hancock, along with the board, appreciate so much everyone attending from near and far. We know what it takes to participate in a poker run, especially one far from home. All of our effort to present a fun weekend and at the same time contributing substantial funds to our chosen charities has been so worth it because of you, our like minded friends. Each and every one of you played a part in the success and fun of Pirates of Lanier Poker Run. Please tell all your friends and we will double our efforts next year, July 18-21, to put together an event like no other. On our next email blast we will open up the website for sign up for next year. Again, with heartfelt thanks, we wish you all great times and safe boating.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

Default Pirates of Lanier Poker Run 2012 Start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANi8u...ture=endscreen