Notices

Sacandaga Lake - Fun Run

Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks for the info, I am trying to work it out. I have never been to the area, its only about a 3 hour pull for me. Looks like a good time. How long would you say the run will be in terms of miles. Thanks and I will be in contact.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Thanks for the info, I am trying to work it out. I have never been to the area, its only about a 3 hour pull for me. Looks like a good time. How long would you say the run will be in terms of miles. Thanks and I will be in contact.
Cig,

I will be leaving early Saturday morning from the Syracuse area, let me know if you want to convoy over. The lake is about a 3rd of the size of Onedia Lake in CNY.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Great+...+Lake&t=m&z=11
Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lake is about 30-miles long, you'll be under 100-miles for the day.

On the map that 4bus attached we would be starting on the northern shore line about mid way in the main body of the lake (Lanzi's on the Lake). We would then be running all the way up the right hand side leg to the dam, then back down and up the other leg to Northville (Sport Island Pub). From there we would probably raft up again in front of Sand Island (Southern Shore, mid way of main lake).

Hope that's not too confusing, lol.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Registered

More info here.
www.visitsacandaga.com
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Cig,

I will be leaving early Saturday morning from the Syracuse area, let me know if you want to convoy over. The lake is about a 3rd of the size of Onedia Lake in CNY.

I wouldnt say its a 3rd the size of GSL. GSL is acually bigger by 8 miles. I have been on both lakes and would say GSL is much much different, in a good way. Not calling you out, Just want everybody to know that it is not a little duck pond and that its big enough to warrent the travel time. Denooyer ran 150+mph for half the lake a couple of years ago.

I have a wedding on the 30th at 6:30pm. Thinking of doing the run, and heading out by 4:30 to make my sisters wedding. when i found out it was the same day I asked her to switch the wedding date. JK

Last edited by newfountainguy; 06-17-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
I wouldnt say its a 3rd the size of GSL. GSL is acually bigger by 8 miles. I have been on both lakes and would say GSL is much much different, in a good way. Not calling you out, Just want everybody to know that it is not a little duck pond and that its big enough to warrent the travel time. Denooyer ran 150+mph for half the lake a couple of years ago.

I have a wedding on the 30th at 6:30pm. Thinking of doing the run, and heading out by 4:30 to make my sisters wedding. when i found out it was the same day I asked her to switch the wedding date. JK
Longer from one end to the other yes, GSL is 41 sq miles of water, Oneida is 115 sq miles of water.

My only time there Brian did not show me the whole lake I see on the map how long it is now.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

You'll see it on the 30th for sure!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Longer from one end to the other yes, GSL is 41 sq miles of water, Oneida is 115 sq miles of water.

My only time there Brian did not show me the whole lake I see on the map how long it is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Lake

Just Saying
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

So who's in? I'd like to get a boat count as well as a head count per boat so I can make dinner reservations for Saturday night at Lanzi's and try and get everyone together.

I know we have (5) boats from our boat club including 4bus and his friend, which should give us about 14-16 people.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
SQUARE miles......just saying

Oneida lake 2 mile zoom
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=oneida...+Lake&t=m&z=11

GSL 2 mile zoom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.