Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Trying to get a group together around Erie pa >

Trying to get a group together around Erie pa

Notices

Trying to get a group together around Erie pa

Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good... I'm looking forward to buffalo, and since the wife can't go (she's pissed!!!), the promise is that we'll make another GOOD trip before seasons end... I really enjoyed the run from Cleveland to Vermillion, and am looking forward to something East of Cleveland.

Peter - look forward to meeting you. See you guys soon!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris
Capt Grumpy - fly up for this little run, it could be a lot of fun!
Do you know something and aren't telling?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered

Default Weekend boating

Originally Posted by Adamcoover
Keep me and Chris in the loop. We like to get out and see new places and meet fellow boaters
I'll be happy to post any options possible on this thread. My situation is simple. Live in Oakville Ontario and boat during the summer on the Western end of Lake Ontario. If the waves are decent and the weather is cooperating, we simply drag the boat to the ramp in Burlington under the skyway and head out for a couple of hours. My wife and I have been discussing heading out for the odd weekend. It's no problem to launch in Lake Erie in about 2 hours. We don't have any sleeping/washroom facility on our boat. We are hoping to find places with Marina's close to good hotels. Finding similar minded boaters to hang with would be fun.

Fearless010 (Peter)
Old 08-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fearless010
I'll be happy to post any options possible on this thread. My situation is simple. Live in Oakville Ontario and boat during the summer on the Western end of Lake Ontario. If the waves are decent and the weather is cooperating, we simply drag the boat to the ramp in Burlington under the skyway and head out for a couple of hours. My wife and I have been discussing heading out for the odd weekend. It's no problem to launch in Lake Erie in about 2 hours. We don't have any sleeping/washroom facility on our boat. We are hoping to find places with Marina's close to good hotels. Finding similar minded boaters to hang with would be fun.

Fearless010 (Peter)
If erie isnt to far there is a new sheraton right on the water infront on two marinas in the bay
Old 08-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

John, i dont know anything that you don't. I am just saying that you always have a seat on my boat!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Registered

Hope you guys can make it to the Buffalo Poker Run this weekend. You Ohio guys should caravan up like the Central New York guys come over. I think last year they took up over a mile of road. It was quit a sight. We are going to try and get a photo of it this year. You can register at the door Friday night. PM me any questions. The main thing to remember is your proof of Insurance showing $300,000 in liability coverage. You need that to run. We have over 50 boats pre registered and are hoping for 80+ this year.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

shag... fealress.. you guys wont be the smallest in the buffalo poker run.

chris.. your not far so drag that thing up and come run with us!!

the first saturday in sept is the 1st.. is that when you guys plan on doing the run??
Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

saturday is the oldest kids b-day party - if it wasnt for that, i would be on my way. i think it would take an hour and 15 minutes to get to buffalo from where i am at. anyone that knows me, knows i am not afraid to tow, last month i think i put on over 1200 miles towing to michigan.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

cant reschedule the birthday huh lol. i know how you feel i have a wedding keeping me from going to lake cumberland grrr. where does everyone plan on leaving from for this little gathering? i might have to make the trip. might be able to round up some friends to convoy down with
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris
John, i dont know anything that you don't. I am just saying that you always have a seat on my boat!
Appreciate that. Maybe one of these days I'll have my own seat back. Hoping!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.