Trying to get a group together around Erie pa >

Trying to get a group together around Erie pa

Notices

Trying to get a group together around Erie pa

Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we will get some details ironed out over the next few days.
Michael, didnt forget about you, i dont have your number
Old 08-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Chris -

Glad you finally have that Saber running. As a former Erie-ite, I am interested. I was planning on dragging the Outer Limits up for the weekend of the 25th but I could leave it in Erie, run back out the following weekend, and then drag it back after the second weekend. I might be able to get a couple of the Mentor gang to come along if you have something put together. Been too long since I was at beach 11. I will sleep on the boat but agree that the Sheraton is nice. Please let me know once you have something put together.

Best,

David
Old 08-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

David, good to hear from you! would love to have you come up! we should be out with weekend of the 25th - hopefully see you at 11. Once we get the plan finalized i will let you know but start to gather rally some people for september 1st because we are definatly doing something.
Chris
814-450-5529
Old 08-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dave - you boat will not fit in my garage as its only 40 feet long but you are welcome to keep it at my place - let me know
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris
Dave - you boat will not fit in my garage as its only 40 feet long but you are welcome to keep it at my place - let me know
Anyone can keep they boats at my shop. Huge parking lot nothing is ever messed with. Just got off chrises saber and we talked about the event. First Saturday in September is good. We can all meet at my shop if you wish. There's enough paved parking lot for 30+ boats it's huge. Then we can all go make our arrangements for transit slips for the evening and dunk the boats in the water. Chris and I will be addressing the crazy parrot restaurant in north east this week and making sure they can accommodate a group of our size and in a timely manner. We will launch mid morning or so and cruise around some in the bay and take a trip out to north east for lunch. After lunch we will head back to erie for a day at beach eleven. Maybe a trip to rum runners in the bay for dinner depending on group size. If to large we can dock at our transit slips and goto the cove which is attached to the Sheraton. Then maybe rip around the bay a bit if anyone's up for it and then hang out at the dock or go up town. My very good friend owns a limousine manufacturing facility and two limo service companies. So if we wanna get a party bus and births town that will be arranged. Just let me know. I would like to get a list of those interested and would need slips for the evening and I will workin getting those spots held. Please let me know if you need any other information. If anyone would like to reach me cell is 814-449-4378. Call or text. Thanks for the interest guys
Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

September 1st Presque Isle Group
1. Meet at Lampe Marina (boat launch) 10:30 AM

Directions from Buffalo:
I-90 West into PA
Take exit 32 / turn Right onto RT 430/Station Rd (gas station just off exit to fill up)
Continue straight onto the Bayfront Connector about 4 miles
When the Bayfront Connector turns to the Left – CONTINUE STRAIGHT onto Port Access Rd
Follow Port Access Rd to the end and turn Left then Left again into the gate

Directions from Cleveland:
I-90 East to I-79 North
Continue straight onto Bayfront Connector when I-79 ends
Where the Bayfront Connector goes to the right – TURN LEFT onto Port Access Rd
Follow Port Access Rd to the end and turn Left then Left again into the gate

2. Transient Slips
Wolverine Park Marina (814) 453-6387
34 State Street – Erie, PA 16507
Group Rate $1.25 / foot
Reference “Coover party” to keep us all together and take advantage of the group rate

3. Hotel (NEXT TO WOLVERINE PARK MARINA)
Sheraton (814) 454-2005
55 West Bay Rd

4. Our Plan is to meet between around 10:30 – check into our transient slips then off to lunch down the lake. After that we will leave it up to majority consensus of what we are doing. Our thoughts were to hang out at one of our local sand bars.
Anyone that is going to hang around Erie for the evening but not get a transient slip, Adam has offered to store them. His Shop is about 15 miles from the launch ramp. Please feel free to call Adam to make arrangements 814-449-7348

Please call either one of us with any suggestions, questions or details
Adam 814-449-7348
Chris 814-450-5529
Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I let Gary Borowy know. He has the 34' Powerquest. Anybody know if Rusty Miller's boat is finished yet. It would be cool too see that Apache running!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fabin61
I let Gary Borowy know. He has the 34' Powerquest. Anybody know if Rusty Miller's boat is finished yet. It would be cool too see that Apache running!
He is ready.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mike - i am sure Gary and Laura will be in, i have not seen them all summer!

i will contact jeff manucci and john finazzo -

Last edited by Chris; 08-14-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by Chris
Mike - i am sure Gary and Laura will be in, i have not seen them all summer!

i will contact jeff manucci and john finazzo -
Chris told me last night that he is so excited about this everybody's boat fuel is on him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.