going to be a fun time !!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Schedule of Events (Subject to Change)

Friday September 14, 2012

7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Poker Run registration at the Holiday Inn during the kick off party.

Saturday September 15, 2012

9:00 am - 10:30am Poker Run check-in/Late Registrations at the Solomons Yachting Center
10:30 am - 10:45am Mandatory Captains/Safety meeting
11:00 am Departure from Solomons Harbor and head for Lunch stop at Palm Beach Willie's in Taylor's Island, MD
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Arrive at Palm Beach Willie's for pool party and lunch
2:00 pm Depart Palm Beach Willie's and head back towards Solomons for a special floating card stop.
3:00 pm Arrive back in Solomons for a floating card stop just outside of the harbor entrance.
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Boats will form up and wait for everyone to get to the stop. This will give everyone a chance to check out the fun at the floating stop. Once the race course is cleared by the Coast Guard teams will proceed up the river to the finale beach party and bikini contest at Vera's White Sands Beach Club and Marina. Those that wish to head up river prior to the end of race practice can process along the opposite coast line on the St. Mary's County side at 6 knots at the direction of the Coast Guard.

Activities at the finale party include:

- Bikini contest ($500 1st place, $150 2nd and $100 3rd). We will also being raffling off judges spots to sit alongside our celebrity judge "Street Bike Tommy" from Nitro Circus with the proceeds going straight to the fund for Melissa.
- Playing of the poker hands (Paid out in cash-Amount TBD)
- DJ playing all of your favorites
- Raffle winners announced
- 50/50 winner announced

For those that are not able to make the run please join us at the finale party. Friends of Melissa will be there taking a $20 donation for entry into the party that will also go directly to help her.

We hope to see everyone for a great weekend of boating and fun in beautiful Solomons Island Maryland.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Hotel Rooms

For poker run teams that are looking for hotel rooms I just spoke with the Comfort Inn & Suites in Lexington Park, MD which is just across the Solomons Bridge from downtown and they have about 15 rooms available. I would suggest for know if you do not have a reservation at either the Holiday Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn to go ahead and book a room at the Comfort Inn I mentioned. There is a Comfort Inn in Solomons with rooms available but I am not sure how nice it is. There is a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn that may become available as well and my understanding is that poker run teams will get the first show at them. I will keep everyone posted as I find out. It is shaping up to be an awesome weekend and we are looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Here is all of the hotel information:

Holiday Inn

Hilton Garden Inn (Link not working)

Comfort Inn-Lexington Park, MD

Last edited by Smitty1035; 09-07-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Rooms

I will be working directly with Mikey (Race Director) and Craig (Race volunteer room coordinator) to ensure that the poker run teams get first crack at available rooms at the Holiday Inn. I have started a list with names and phone numbers of people that are interested in doing the run and are in need of a hotel. If you would like to be added to the list please send me a PM on here or send me an email at [email protected]. The registrations are coming in steadily every day so lets keep 'em coming.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Reminder-Mandatory Insurance

Every boat must have proof of insurance on file with the CBPBA to participate in this event.

If you have not previously provided a copy of your current insurance then you have the following three options.

Find the coverage details page (usually called Declaration of Coverage) in your most recent billing statement and submit it in one of the following ways:

1. Bring a copy with you to give to us at registration

2. Or, you can scan the page, attach it to an email, and send to [email protected]

3. Or, you can fax it to our fax gateway at 815.550.1999

If you have any questions about whether or not your insurance is current please feel free to contact me.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in Smitty..... Brian is bringing his Nor-tech and I'm bringing my new Cig!!!

Should be a great weekend,

Pat
Old 09-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Spicy
I'm in Smitty..... Brian is bringing his Nor-tech and I'm bringing my new Cig!!!

Should be a great weekend,

Pat
Outstanding Pat...It definitely is going to be a great weekend...Can't wait.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Any teams that have not yet registered but are planning on signing up the morning of the event please either send me a pm or an an email to [email protected] with your boat information and an approximate head count so we can plan accordingly.

Also, we will be taking registrations on Friday night at the Holiday Inn during the pre-poker run party/racer party from 7 pm - 10 pm.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

They are still taking last minute sign up's for this weekends event . The weather is looking good and proceeds go to a worthy cause .
Old 09-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by notda1
They are still taking last minute sign up's for this weekends event . The weather is looking good and proceeds go to a worthy cause .
Just wanted to remind everyone that we will be doing poker run registrations at the Holiday Inn on Friday night from 7p-10p. We would like to get as many teams registered on Friday night as possible so there is not a mad rush on Saturday morning. Teams can also check in and get their Captain's packages to help save time on Saturday morning. Also if you could print out the registration form included at the bottom and bring it with you with all of your information that would be a great help as well.

Payments can be made in the form of a check, cash and we will also have the ability to take credit cards.

Please remember to bring your current proof of insurance with you if you have not already submitted it.

There has been a great deal of interest in the run this year and I am working on putting together a list and number of poker run teams signed up so far. Right now we have approximately 25 teams signed up and I estimate the number could go as high as 50.
Attached Files

Last edited by Smitty1035; 09-13-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.