Notices

Cumberland Thunder Run 2013

Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
Whats the boatel? not familiar with that set up.
There's a Best Western right on the highway in Albany, Ky, turn right on Hwy 90 going away from Monticello, Ky. Maybe a half mile.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Thunder Run 2013

Just a "heads up" if you have not booked your lodging at Grinder Hill Marina for the June Thunder Run you might want to call this week. I just booked today and they had (1) upper level lodge room left she did not mentioned the other room types only that they were getting "pretty full" for that weekend.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered

I've never been to this run before so dont hold me to this but when i phoned over the weekend to inquire about rooms and the boatels i was told they only do the Boatels a few days in advance if the houseboats are not booked to be out on the lake as rentals.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
I've never been to this run before so dont hold me to this but when i phoned over the weekend to inquire about rooms and the boatels i was told they only do the Boatels a few days in advance if the houseboats are not booked to be out on the lake as rentals.
That is not the case, most likely just a uninformed winter employee, we will be having a meeting with Grider Hill to go over the 2013 Thunder Run and set boatel rates etc. soon, when that happens the info will be posted here as well as facebook and the website, you will be able to rent a boatel, if you are interested give me or Dan a call and we will give you the info. And thanks for the heads up, I will give Grider a call tomorrow and make sure they are giving correct info.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we will be there for sure , we have been to everyone dan and justin put on so far . its a good time and well organized too. Tim

Last edited by tim brown; 01-14-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 20outlaw
That is not the case, most likely just a uninformed winter employee, we will be having a meeting with Grider Hill to go over the 2013 Thunder Run and set boatel rates etc. soon, when that happens the info will be posted here as well as facebook and the website, you will be able to rent a boatel, if you are interested give me or Dan a call and we will give you the info. And thanks for the heads up, I will give Grider a call tomorrow and make sure they are giving correct info.
Thanks but i'm good with the room in the lodge just did'nt want anyone to get caught offgaurd....you are correct on the winter employee it was late last Saturday afternoon when i called and he could not make the reservation something to do with the time of day and the computers. Looking forward to the run!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

robin , suzett , you guys be sure to look us up .Tim
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Registered
VIP Member

If the lake levels are still down the lodge will walk you to death! Especially after a dozen beers at the party... The Boatel is the way to go for sure and it is pretty easy to get some folks to partner with you. Dan and Justin do a GREAT job and this run is a must on the schedule for the summer!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Registered

I booked a room in the lodge this morning,I missed going last year due to boat being broke down!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Default boatel

Anyone know a rough estimate of cost of the boatels and how many they sleep. Working on getting a crew together. Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.