Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Can't decide... 1st road trip.  LOTO or Cumberland? Others? >

Can't decide... 1st road trip. LOTO or Cumberland? Others?

Notices

Can't decide... 1st road trip. LOTO or Cumberland? Others?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
LOTO...................go to the Shootout, you won't be sorry, best boating event of the year.

I agree, try to make the LOTO street party, the poker run and then the shootout in 2014
Old 02-18-2014, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loto hands down. And do the poker run, It's the best way to truly see the whole lake and all the big party stops. Make sure your passengers are prepared for the rough water tho, it will really take some new comers by surprise! Do it every year in my Formula 242ls tho, so as long as you are good at driving it, you'll have a blast.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

A group of us go to LOTO every year, all of the above is accurate but there is rafting in party cove which is great entertainment, then on the opposite end of the spectrum you can go to a hand full of other coves to raft up with other boats to hang out and enjoy, Bearbottoms and Coconuts are the swim up bars both do a nice job but I prefer Coconuts due to location, Frankie and Louie's is a must, Shorty Pants is where I prefer a good dinner, a person can't say enough about it. Event and holiday weekends are crazy but thats what I go for so get your longer boat rides done during the week. I have never been to Cumberland yet.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to everyone so far...

Best places to stay on or off the water for either one?

Trailer parking friendly? I'm not a fan of leaving it in the water overnight.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

If you stay at Tan Tara they have their own launch,,,,,, your going to find you need to leave it in the water though,,,, ramps are not plentiful, and parking is even worse.

try and find a hotel or condo back in a cove so your not on the main channel,,,, and do not tie up to the dock, use the 6 rope method and leave it float between the docks.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coopsmirage
Thanks to everyone so far...

Best places to stay on or off the water for either one?

Trailer parking friendly? I'm not a fan of leaving it in the water overnight.
We usually launch at PB 2...public launch ramp...and just leave the truck and trailer for however long you are going to be there. LOTO is about BOATING...plan on taking your boat everywhere. We have stayed in a few nice places...Robin's Resort is close to the launch ramp and party cove and Dog Days and Topsiders...or run down the lake a couple miles to the Aqua Fin Resort, which is located on the other side of the peninsula that Toad Cove is on. That is an awesome option, because when you get back in the afternoon and tie the boat up, its time to start drinkin' and that place is walking distance to both the Toad and Shady Gators....

Nice thing about LOTO...just about ANY weekend you go, you will have a ton to do. We did the Support Our Troops Poker Run last June and had a blast...so there's another option for ya...
Old 02-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you go to the Shootout, Captain Ron's is at the 35MM and it's where the Shootout is and they have places to stay, but they're limited and you have to reserve them real early, like now or even last month, also, there's lots of condo complexes fairly close, check VRBO, it's OK to leave your boat in the water for the 3-4 day weekend, a little more clean up when you get home, but then you don't have to take it out every night.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by obnoxus
If you stay at Tan Tara they have their own launch,,,,,, your going to find you need to leave it in the water though,,,, ramps are not plentiful, and parking is even worse.

try and find a hotel or condo back in a cove so your not on the main channel,,,, and do not tie up to the dock, use the 6 rope method and leave it float between the docks.
That's my issue with leaving it in the water. I'm that guy that ties between the docks and not to the docks. Takes longer and some places I will not even stop at because of the boat eating docks.

Sounds like LOTO is the better of the two for things to do...
How about places in Wisconsin? I saw a post on castle rock lake?
I know not the same we are planning several long and short trips this year.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Registered

coops,

If you make it down to LOTO and you need anything let me know, I live and work at the lake.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Thanks we are puting some plans together for late summer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.