Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Return of West Michigan Poker Run >

Return of West Michigan Poker Run

Notices

Return of West Michigan Poker Run

Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

If your putting it on I would base it out of Muskegon, the water patrol in G H will jump all over every loud boats especially if Dickhead office Dykehouse is still in charge of the marine patrol.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:54 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rleestma
We are kicking around first or second week of August due to response - also considering charging based on boat length and having multiple runs. Question- does the Michigan city sbi races influence anyone? Should it be incorporated into the run?

Keep talking everyone!
Creative idea, this is a new poker run, try it. You can always change it if it doesn't work next time, but you might have opposition changing after it's established.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it would be great to have another Lake MI run. My advice would be to start start out by doing something "nice" not excessive the first year. Price accordingly to get a good crowd established and then go from there. I would think that given the amount of performance boats in the area you could get a good turnout as long as you didn't conflict with any "big" events or runs in the area.

Another thing to consider is what kind of crowd you are looking to draw. Anything more than 4-500 entry fee will eliminate a lot of average performance boaters.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey great idea little to much money. Or I would be intristed for sure. Also we are putting on a Powerquest fun run aug-16 from grand have. To holland and we have like 30 boats or more that are attending that so if it happens that weekend I would not be able to attend the poker run.

I also think that it would be great to get the smaller boats involved cuz there are so many guys that have 30' and under boats that would love to be involved for sure.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is that what ever weekend the SBI race is on...Don't pick that weekend. Every time I have tried or went to that race the weather is terrible.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

IMO it would be beneficial to host the Powerquest fun run the same weekend as a west Michigan poker run. The Fun Run can be on Friday or Sunday and whoever wants to join the poker run can also. You might even attract more PQ owners this way!

Originally Posted by Thebossbultsma
Hey great idea little to much money. Or I would be intristed for sure. Also we are putting on a Powerquest fun run aug-16 from grand have. To holland and we have like 30 boats or more that are attending that so if it happens that weekend I would not be able to attend the poker run.

I also think that it would be great to get the smaller boats involved cuz there are so many guys that have 30' and under boats that would love to be involved for sure.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terrific feedback Perhaps multiple runs as mentioned all returning to the same destination. shorter boats(wallets) shorter run, shorter price.

color me there what ever is decided!

bobbo
Old 03-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Registered

$300-600 is a good target price range assuming your also getting a fair amount for your dollar and supporting a charity!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At $1,000 it will be priced higher than LOTO shootout poker run, boyen thunder, lake cumberland land, and NOIC thunder run. This may not be a problem if it offers more, but IMO it needs to be a lot more. I like most have a poker run budget. So the cost has a lot to due with what runs I attend. If I can run in NOIC thunder run and LOTO poker for the price of this run it will make my choice easy. I know I run a smaller boat but my total cost for Lake Cumberland last year ( gas to get down there,rooms,food,run.... everything) was right at 2k. I be leave the entry was $450(don't quote me) and them boys put on one heck of an ordeal down there. Now the shootout run and NOIC's run is more like a 3/4 day deal so it's not as big of a production. But it's really not that big of a deal cuz as soon as the dinner is over we norm get the crew together and get white boy wasted at the local bar. I have only attend 5 or so poker runs so I can not comment on a lot this is just an opinion. Sounds like a fun time but for me 1-2k to get a sticker go out with a group of friends and have a chopper take pics(that norm are for sale at crazy prices) to run to a few place and grab lunch and dinner.... I would be out. I'm sure you will get a few big boys no matter what the cost is, but if you want to attract a big group and get more of your middle class offshore crowd your prob going to have to make this more comparable to the other successful poker runs around the country. The more people you get I valves the bigger boost it will give to the local businesses and that's how you get a whole town on board to push to make a great run!!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Registered

Looks like the OP edited his post about the price so no point dwelling on the $1000-2000 anymore, seems like we all agree on that. (not picking on you mptrimshop, you can post that sexy avatar pic as many times as you would like!)

What price would everyone pay though?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.