Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY >

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Notices

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Old 01-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballistic Beak
Assuming I have a working boat, I'm in.

Ryan
In fact, one of your guys (bonesmalone) won the whole thing a couple of years ago. Oh, and did I mention that he got towed in for the awards ceremony? I think that qualifies as "not running."
Old 01-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
In fact, one of your guys (bonesmalone) won the whole thing a couple of years ago. Oh, and did I mention that he got towed in for the awards ceremony? I think that qualifies as "not running."

I have a little work to do, but there should be enough time to get parts purchased and put back together.

Ryan
Old 01-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ballistic Beak
I have a little work to do, but there should be enough time to get parts purchased and put back together.

Ryan
Nice picture of your boat anchor!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there, it's one of the most relaxed and fun run I've been to.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I keep looking and can't seem to find any other runs that have a "25th" in the title. Hmmm, Rochester Offshore must be doing something right here.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to attend this year but I have never been to a poker run before...can someone explain how it all works..?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH
I would like to attend this year but I have never been to a poker run before...can someone explain how it all works..?
In general, a Poker Run is a great excuse to meet lots of other folks who share your love (affliction?) for high performance boating whilst possibly winning neat stuff and donating to a worthy charity. The Rochester Offshore Battleship Run starts out with almost everybody arriving Friday night and getting settled in to their hotel rooms, getting their boats launched and into a slip, then enjoying some entertainment while meeting the rest of the participants. At some point during the evening, a lie or two may be shared.

Saturday morning starts out with all of the OCD types (like me) wiping their boats down and making final preparations for a full day on the water. Then there’s breakfast followed by the Driver‘s Meeting where everybody gets to hear how the day will go and what the important rules are. (Having safe fun, being respectful of other boaters, no passing the Pace Boats, PFD’s while on plane and no alcohol until the run is finished are the biggies.)

Next, you pick a “fleet” that you’re comfortable running with based on pace speed. (45-50 MPH, 65-70 MPH and 100+ MPH are the usual choices.) Then it’s out to the boats where everybody mills until the Pace Boat picks up your fleet and leaves for the first stop. On this run, that means about an 18 mile trip north to Barrett Marine where you will pick up your first “cards” by pulling up next to a dock and reaching into a fishing net extended to you. Then it’s off to stop #2 back at the hotels, then another 19 miles to stop #3 in Watkins Glen where you also get to eat lunch, relax and tell lies to all of your new friends. Finally, there’s an “un-paced” (on your own) run back to the hotels in time for dinner (and more lies). After dinner, it’s time for prizes, awards, the big donation to Mercy Flight Emergency Helicopter Service, funny stories, more lies, then a live band for entertainment. Oh, and you can now drink too.

On Sunday morning, some folks pack up and leave, but a surprising number stick around for more boating and telling of lies. It’s all up to you.

Sound like fun? You bet! Hope to see you there!

Tom
Old 02-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH
Toostroked has it right on the money but is being a little humble about what a great lake Seneca lake is to boat on. Doesn't get too ripped up so so smaller boat don't get beat up and bigger boats go even faster. You haven't powerboated until the pace boat throttles up and your fleet drops the sticks! Nothing makes you feel more alive then when thousands of hp spool up, the boat rolls onto plane and you fly it across a good wake. You'll find it's a community that is nationwide but before long you'll start running into the same guys at the various events over the years. I regret not having gotten involved in the runs sooner. There's several good local runs that you'll want to participate in that are very affordable with quality planning, safety as a priority and fun as mandatory. Check out Elite Poker runs in June, Seneca lake in July, Buffalo Poker Run in August....you won't be sorry.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
Toostroked has it right on the money but is being a little humble about what a great lake Seneca lake is to boat on. Doesn't get too ripped up so so smaller boat don't get beat up and bigger boats go even faster. You haven't powerboated until the pace boat throttles up and your fleet drops the sticks! Nothing makes you feel more alive then when thousands of hp spool up, the boat rolls onto plane and you fly it across a good wake. You'll find it's a community that is nationwide but before long you'll start running into the same guys at the various events over the years. I regret not having gotten involved in the runs sooner. There's several good local runs that you'll want to participate in that are very affordable with quality planning, safety as a priority and fun as mandatory. Check out Elite Poker runs in June, Seneca lake in July, Buffalo Poker Run in August....you won't be sorry.
Enough fuel for the whole run also helps but running out seems to improve your odds of winning some $$$
Old 02-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Registered

Going to try to make it this year, great run and people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.