Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
“who will be the king of the 1000 islands”? >

“who will be the king of the 1000 islands”?

Notices

“who will be the king of the 1000 islands”?

Old 02-25-2016, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you looked into the insurance issues regarding the Shoot Out? I think most insurance polices do not cover you if you participate in this type of event.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allrisks
Have you looked into the insurance issues regarding the Shoot Out? I think most insurance polices do not cover you if you participate in this type of event.
This is true, Stacey made me aware of this when we set up our policy. We are covered for poker runs but not for racing or timed event like a shootout or radar run.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:46 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexandria Bay Poker Run July 22-24 2016

I am really excited that Poker Runs of America is stepping up the game to promote a venue that will hope to grow into one of the bigger runs. I have participated in many of the poker runs to the southern states over the years for example Lake Cumberland, Old Hickory Lake, and Lake of the Ozarks are just awesome but I have to say there is nothing like the Poker Run on the St Lawrence River/Thousand Islands. I really get my fix for the speed and length of the run on this waterway. Many of the other runs it is very difficult to break the triple digit mark and sustain this for miles. The waterways are generally very narrow, very windy and the need to be very cautious at given speed with 100 plus boat turn outs. The boats that have the capability to run at these hi speeds I highly recommend this run and I will personal help in any way to accommodate you if you are coming out of town. Please message me if you are attending and need help with anything. My recommendation is to register early as the best accommodations will fill. I will add some pictures so you can get the feel of the unique history of the thousand islands. Hope to see some you southern guys make the run I have made the trips to many runs and know you will not be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUZRkQAd86Q
Old 02-27-2016, 09:09 AM
Registered

Well said, Ken. For those who have never been to this waterway this river is a jewel to boat on and a great chance to come and let your boats really run. I will try to post some photos to give you an idea of just how scenic it is here. I am pretty sure that once you have visited here you'll come back. PRA has stepped up to the plate big time to offer quite an event this year breathing wonderful new life into the Alexandria Bay Hall of Fame Poker Run. I am one of the few year round residents here and like Ken above I can help out of towners with suggestions and whatever else makes a trip here easier. The area was also just named America's #1 archipelago.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/0...-archipelagos/
Old 03-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Registered

Who is coming , One month to go for registration discount . We have set up online registration visit ;

http://pokerrunsamerica.com

REGISTER BEFORE APRIL 30TH AND RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING

• $100 off your $650 entry fee
• 50% OFF one crew member $150 registration fee
• A chance to receive your entry fee refunded, by random draw
Old 03-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Registered

Get ready as the JOKER is going WILD !

WIN UP TO $10,000 CASH AT HIS FAVORITE CARD STOPS!
* ACTION & FUN

• Friday raft-up party, fun run, Night Party with Live Band "The Bad Husbands Club', and vendors and boat displays
• Poker Run on Saturday, Cocktail, Banquet diner ; Awards Cash ,Trophies and prizes , live Band '' The Bad Husbands Club''
Sunday, Shoot-out speed trials in Clayton cash and prizes and more.....
Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 315duramax
we will be there! im sure we wont be the king but it will be fun!
Looking forward to meeting you. We will see you there. If you need any help with arrangements or information in the meantime feel free to contact me. I live here and would be happy to help.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Great ! The ultimate goal is to make this event grow in participation and to offer a great hosting, fun and safe event as the 1000 Islands as so much to offer to boaters
Old 03-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 268 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker run fever
Get ready as the JOKER is going WILD !

WIN UP TO $10,000 CASH AT HIS FAVORITE CARD STOPS!
* ACTION & FUN

• Friday raft-up party, fun run, Night Party with Live Band "The Bad Husbands Club', and vendors and boat displays
• Poker Run on Saturday, Cocktail, Banquet diner ; Awards Cash ,Trophies and prizes , live Band '' The Bad Husbands Club''
Sunday, Shoot-out speed trials in Clayton cash and prizes and more.....
whats involved with getting into the boat display? in water or in town?