Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Lake Hartwell Poker Run June 22-24 2017 >

Lake Hartwell Poker Run June 22-24 2017

Notices

Lake Hartwell Poker Run June 22-24 2017

Old 02-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

First off I'm not an event organizer or even help with event. Hartwell is my home lake for over 15 years and love inviting folks to come boating with me. I know going to a place for the first time having a local to lend a hand is helpful at times.

Picking dates for runs is tricky now. Summer is busy with poker runs. Would be great if there was one site that everyone used. This poker run has always been towards end of June. The last weekend in June is Hartwell's pre-4th celebration. The run has normally been weekend before that. If you have never been to Murray try that run. If never been to Hartwell come do it. Checking out different lakes is why we own trailers. If never been to either flip a coin. Either way yall be safe and have fun.

Hope to meet some of yall at the run.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 514 Likes on 234 Posts

^^^ well said Sam....

Chris
Old 02-24-2017, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I was saying is that it sucks because both runs are great fun!! Same state drawing from same pool. I know my fellow NC/SC poker runners would love to be able to do both.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 682gold
All I was saying is that it sucks because both runs are great fun!! Same state drawing from same pool. I know my fellow NC/SC poker runners would love to be able to do both.
Couldn't agree more. Maybe next year the organizers of both these awesome runs could communicate with each other and do on consecutive weekends. That would make it easy for folks who tow long distance to just hang out down here and experience these wonderful lakes, people, food, parties and boating.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by outta control
Couldn't agree more. Maybe next year the organizers of both these awesome runs could communicate with each other and do on consecutive weekends. That would make it easy for folks who tow long distance to just hang out down here and experience these wonderful lakes, people, food, parties and boating.
I would do it if they were on consecutive weekends. It's a little bit of a haul for me, so I usually stay a week anyway to make it worth it. I love the lakes in that area of the country, I'd spend all summer there lol.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Registered

this years dates 22/23/24 of june for the poker run are close to last years dates. 19/20/21 just the way the month fell. we moved it a week later so that a lot of people could attend the ANTHONY REESE memorial run at lake Cumberland the 16/ 17 of june . we have a lot of big boat that are coming down to our run after that. We are moving the poker run this year to BIG WATER MARINA and are still finishing up some details. should be a great event as always.I will be posting all of the updates as soon as we have our next meeting. where to stay, what the best boat ramps to use are and the .times of all the activitives and where all the stops will be.this year. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE THIS YEAR.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FOREVER YOUNG
this years dates 22/23/24 of june for the poker run are close to last years dates. 19/20/21 just the way the month fell. we moved it a week later so that a lot of people could attend the ANTHONY REESE memorial run at lake Cumberland the 16/ 17 of june . we have a lot of big boat that are coming down to our run after that. We are moving the poker run this year to BIG WATER MARINA and are still finishing up some details. should be a great event as always.I will be posting all of the updates as soon as we have our next meeting. where to stay, what the best boat ramps to use are and the .times of all the activitives and where all the stops will be.this year. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE THIS YEAR.
The Memorial Run is in July, the Lake Cumberland Thunder Run is June 16-17 just didn't want people to be misinformed......... and yes quite a few of us will be making Hartwell this year since it does not fall on the same weekend as Thunder Run.... Im looking forward to it!!
Old 02-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Registered

Thanks for the correction got the dates mixed up . Glad you can make it this year
Old 03-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Registered

Hart county and city of Hartwell always does pre-4th fireworks at the dam. This year it is same day as poker run. So once the sun goes down you can watch from shore or motor out about a mile and watch from water.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FOREVER YOUNG
Just curious why the move to Big Water Marina? I've never been to this run, will be coming for the first time this year, but it looked like Portman Marina was better suited for an event like this. I'm looking forward to it regardless, but just curious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.