Notices

Boyne Thunder 2017

Old 03-02-2017, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

The organizers did hear the plea from people who would like to get in. This year they held some spots for a first come basis. In the past it wasn't that way for new participants, you put your name on the list and wait to be called. I have tried to get in before but was too far down the list. Again, thank you to the organizers for letting some new people have a shot at getting in.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
That explains why I could not get anything done on the Pre reg. Jeez 15 spots left for a new entry and new boat entries that possible could never make the event ? . JUST IMO man so year after year its the same boats in the run ? As for any spectators to see new boats showing up and I would think some poker runners would welcome running with some new blood for. this event ( NEW entries that never been). Something new to look at can only be a positive thing IMO. Just saying no intent here. Have to say cause it looks like a very longshot for us getting in this show from a comment " take your chances". I would pay now if I could for any entry.

Thank you for the reply and I will try to see what happens for getting in --- It won't be a lack of me trying that's 4 sure.. John
No one is perfect, and no event is perfect. Boyne does an amazing job obviously, and the best part is anytime I have recommended an improvement.....And included a solution, they implemented it. Unfortunately there's just not a solution for every problem.

Why shouldn't last participants get first chance to register, we are the ones who helped grow the event to what it is.

It's not always the same boats, many people upgrade boats throughout the years. Plus you only have to have attended ONE time to be included in early registration, so if you ran 8 years ago you get an early registration code to sign up first every year.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:08 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
No one is perfect, and no event is perfect. Boyne does an amazing job obviously, and the best part is anytime I have recommended an improvement.....And included a solution, they implemented it. Unfortunately there's just not a solution for every problem.

Why shouldn't last participants get first chance to register, we are the ones who helped grow the event to what it is.

It's not always the same boats, many people upgrade boats throughout the years. Plus you only have to have attended ONE time to be included in early registration, so if you ran 8 years ago you get an early registration code to sign up first every year.
I understand but also as an outsider looking in and prob who can not get in - without new entries period it will never grow plus years down the road IMO become stale seeing the same faces and most of the exact same boats year after year.. As boat people age and their boats age some might want to see something new. just saying. I totally understand and not my event to even voice opinion about to change anything. These are only my thoughts. Not making an argument about it..

Only allowing 15 new boat entries is slim and a long shot for many especially for a State that still is a huge performance boating area. Its their event and I could never change a thing but will still try and see if I can lucky to get in. Had no idea it was basically a closed event.

IMO it should be 50 % allowable new entries from the pre registration list offering it in a 3 day timeframe for new sign ups. . Just my thoughts.

How many pre reg ?

Thanks for all the replies to help me learn the ropes here.

Last edited by BUP; 03-02-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

You can have a lot of fun working this event.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

How many pre reg ?

Thanks for all the replies to help me learn the ropes here.
Last year there were 43 (ish) sponsors. I am not sure how many this year but I would guess probably close to the same. So lets say 40. I believe they are running 110-115 boats. So approx 60 people hit the pre-register in 15 minutes (the sponsors count toward the entire fleet, so they take the early spots. 1-40ish). This also means that many people who ran last year or in previous years did not get back in. A lot of people will be gunning for that 9am open registration. The nice thing about the event brite setup this year, they listened to us! There is a timer! Once you get in line it locks you in place and gives you a dedicated time to fill out your info and payment.

My advice: Get on a fast computer with good internet, refresh the page right at 9am and get locked in! Good luck!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
That explains why I could not get anything done on the Pre reg. Jeez 15 spots left for a new entry and new boat entries that possible could never make the event ? . JUST IMO man so year after year its the same boats in the run ? As for any spectators to see new boats showing up and I would think some poker runners would welcome running with some new blood for. this event ( NEW entries that never been).
I share the same thoughts, new blood is rare. Hell every year all the boats look the same. Deep pockets and big dicks are the theme for this run in my mind. Registration Should be first come first serve no matter if you ran the year before or not.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmadness
big dicks are the theme for this run in my mind.

Well, your wife wasn't complaining....
Old 03-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Phuck more power to ya if you can split that welded shut clam.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmadness
Phuck more power to ya if you can split that welded shut clam.
LMAO!

We gonna see you this year>>??
Old 03-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have helped out w/ this event for years(as many of my FRIENDS here know) no dought, sponsors have become a huge part of this event! & they come back because they love & appreciate the event & the Great cause it stands for, & yes, take up a bunch of docks! But as the person that takes the Camp Quality cancer kids out 4 rides every year & C the look on their faces & knowing a bunch of this money is going to help these awesome children have a fun week at camp & try & be a normal child all be it for a short time is beyond words! It brings tears to my eyes anytime I think about it! Yes, we can't make this event for everybody but the biggest goal in my opinion is 4 the Camper Kids!! T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.