Notices

2019 Charleston Poker Run

Old 05-24-2019, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a hand full from the helicopter of the lead pack of boats.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proceeds

How much of the proceeds go to the Carolina children’s charity just curious as it says a “portion”
Old 02-09-2020, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve082
How much of the proceeds go to the Carolina children’s charity just curious as it says a “portion”
Steve that's a great question. Registration for the 2020 run is $250. Out of that right around $100 from each boat goes to the charity. The rest covers the food, shirts, and what not. At the end of the run any money left from what sponsors donated to help put the run on will be attached to what is raised off the boats alone and donated. Been doing charity events since 2007. We keep a close eye on the books. There's always someone that's not happy with what's been donated. I do this for fun. I donate a lot of my time as well as cash to put this event on. I have my own business that makes me money. Don't need to make a living off a poker run. And the charity actually made me put "portion" in all promotion material because they know some of the fee's paid cover cost and what not.

Hope to see you at the run soon.