Notices

Liquid Jungle Poker Run on the Upper Mississippi

Old 04-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquid Jungle Poker Run on the Upper Mississippi

Liquid Jungle Poker Run

Update 4-1-04

The Upper Mississippi Power Boaters are please to announce the Liquid Jungle Poker Run will be august 21st this year. This year all proceed will be donated to the Epilepsy Foundation.

It's hard to believe it's already April. It seemed like winter was never going to end. We have had a lot of wonderful feedback form last year's event. It was a huge success! We've even received registrations forms already.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the Liquid Jungle Poker Run, here is a run down of the event. We put on a full on poker run (80 plus miles) on pools 4(lake Pepin) and 5 of the Upper Mississippi River. We have moved the drivers meeting to Great River Harbor this year. Again this year the pace boat will be provided by Revolutionmarine.com. We will again be doing the grand prix start at the south end of lake Pepin. We are still working with local establishments, to determine all of our stops. We will again be ending at Great River Harbor. After the poker run we will be having a hog roast with all the fixings (armbands included with registration), and a live band playing into the night, like last year.

We have also hired a professional photographer to videotape the event. A completely edited video of the poker run will be available.

Make your slip reservations by calling the Great River Harbor at 608-248-2454. Please be sure and tell them, that you are coming for the poker run.

The Upper Mississippi Power Boaters have teamed up with Midwestboatparty.com to provide a website. Information, registrations forms, and photos from the poker run will be available. The poker run section of the site should be up and running soon, so check it out. Any questions or comments can be emailed to [email protected]
Old 04-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Got your e-mail Thirsty-again, I can't comment on my schedule. Shoot me a couple of reminders. Sounds like this will be a fun run.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Cord, we definately need to see you out on the river with that motor running just right so that you can show us what see will do
Old 04-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

With the new drive hopefully tripps. We'll have to see on the props. I think I'm going to short on pitch.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Cord
With the new drive hopefully tripps. We'll have to see on the props. I think I'm going to short on pitch.

I think I will just leave my pony at home next time
Old 04-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Registered

Leaving the drivers meeting last year.
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Jungle Poker Run on the Upper Mississippi-leavingmeeting.jpg  
Old 04-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Registered

Some of the boats during the grand prix start last year.
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Jungle Poker Run on the Upper Mississippi-gpstart.jpg  
Old 04-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered

What a beautiful sight!
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Jungle Poker Run on the Upper Mississippi-jspr5.jpg  
Old 04-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talked to the Revolution Marine guys about this event when they were in Oshkosh. Sounds like a lot of fun - will try to make it over, if not racing.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Hope you can make it. This years run is shaping up to be great event

Quick Reply: Liquid Jungle Poker Run on the Upper Mississippi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.