Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Powerboat P1
If You Cant Beat Them, Protest! >

If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Notices

If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So fountain worldwide had 2 rule infractions,no sensors to monitor engines,could have had 100hp more aside and no one would know,but Joe Sgro is the bad guy.I cant believe that these cheating bastards don't apologize,instead of playing the blame game.If they showed up with hidden turbos and got caught,my guess is alot of a-holes would still congradulate them.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

the dyno test has already shown they didn't lie about their stated power, so how is it they cheated?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by obrien
the dyno test has already shown they didn't lie about their stated power, so how is it they cheated?
Did they race with or without P1 Powerboat's Data Logging Instruments connected to their engines in the boat ?

If you find the answer to that question, it should answer yours as well....

Dyno sheets alone may have worked in 2007, but this is 2008. A new season with some new rules.

Everyone knew this system was coming since last year...

It is to secure that everyone is playing on a level playing field the entire time during the race.

If someone chooses to break the rule and not run the equipment, then in my opinion, they should be DQ'd for both races if indeed they race both races without it.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Registered

vipermax, how do you know weather or not hey had enough time to get the sealed engine in the boat? If you really knew when the boat came off the ship from the US, you might realize you don't have a clue what you are talking about. when the boat arrived at the race site, it wasn't even ready to be raced. They still had the shrink wrap on the boat from being shipped from florida.
I do know what I am talking about. Even after the saturday race ( they did not loose their points for the saturday race !!!) they had plenty of time to change the engine.
this takes only max 3 hrs.
Because the failed to do so , they lost their points for the sunday race.
Btw, when the boat came to the pits he was ready to race. The only needed to put all the stickers to the boat.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Registered

Cheating is not always the same as infractions to the rules.
They did not lost their point for cheating but for clear rule infractions.
If a race official would have seen them add the 25 lts of "detergent" in the fueltank than they would have cought for cheating.

I hope this is not too difficult for you to understand
Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Registered

If you really knew when the boat came off the ship from the US, you might realize you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

The boat came from Belgium to the pit and arrived late afternoon on friday.So plenty of time to change the engine.

Last edited by vipermax; 05-27-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Registered

It seems to me (in racing in general as well as this incident) that the organisers seem to take the easy way out initially by not enforcing their rules.

The organisers must have known the situation regarding sensors / dyno'd engines. It should never have come down to a case of a protest having to go in and thus causing so much bad feeling between competitors.

Just seen this in a number on incidents in Europe where the organisers have information - but won't act on it.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adam Younger
It seems to me (in racing in general as well as this incident) that the organisers seem to take the easy way out initially by not enforcing their rules.

The organisers must have known the situation regarding sensors / dyno'd engines. It should never have come down to a case of a protest having to go in and thus causing so much bad feeling between competitors.

Just seen this in a number on incidents in Europe where the organisers have information - but won't act on it.
I can only agree with that.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PS22
First of all, how could you even get mad at the protest if it was completely legitimate, and their points were taken away? The fountain was penalized 100 points because they did not follow the rules and use dyno'd motors like everyone else did! Why would they not use the motor that had been dyno'd, if they had nothing to hide? So the protest was completely legitimate, and was decided fairly. However, they should have the points from both races taken away if they used non-dyno'd motors for both races! Second, Joe Sgro did not even put in the protest, he had nothing to do with it! So because the OSG team had protested we must ASSUME that it was Joe Sgro? HAH, and how can you say "Once Again" they were protested, when the OSG/Outerlimits team and Joe Sgro have never protested a race before?
Follow the rules and teams wont protest! And if you did nothing wrong your points wont be taken away!
Correct, they did not used the dynoed engines ...so that what this protest is all about !
Old 05-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all these revelations does it mean Cookee doesn't have to shut up?

Quick Reply: If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.