US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo >

US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo

Notices

US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo

Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fortwo
Or Kermit Jim ... All positieve feedback from US racers watched us racing @ Vigo... thx 4 comming ! I need to get my ass down to Sarasota 1 day and have a few more Cuba libré's with Diamond Dave.
Sorry "Jim" either way your doing a great job.

Cuba Libre's with Dave in his home town ....oh, oh oh no..... better bring your elephant gun....the CHEETAH awaits!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
Just Imagine...... all of those beautiful V's getting lapped It would be nice to see them racing the same venues on Back to back weekends.

I applaud all that Peter O Toole and his team are doing to bring power boating to the next level.

Nice work and take care of Branch he's one of our favorite racers.
You wouldn't happen to have a higher resoultion version of that picture would you? I'd love to make that my windows wallpaper for a while.
thx
Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Can't say enough about the whole P1 organization, top to bottom a class act! The venue and hospitality was spectacular and the fans have an unbelievable passion for their motorsports and participants. If you ever wanted to be a rock star but can't hold a tune get a race boat and compete in P1 and you will be treated like the star you deserve to be. Every one should witness an awards ceremony where their countries National Anthem is played for placing in the top spot. Needless to say it would be interesting to see the multinational group of P1 compete along side the extremely talented U.S. teams. After speaking with the leader of P1 at length they are on track and have the vision to bring offshore racing to the forefront (trust me on this one). P1 has the package, but needs a few more teams (all their teams are quality they just need more) The U.S. has the quality teams but needs a shot of consolidation and cooperation. With the proper leadership offshore racing in the U.S. could flourish economically, therefore we could better show case our teams on the national and world stage. By combining the strenghts of the two organizations you have a grand slam. The depth of racing technology and talent the U.S. possess is undeniable and a shame not to see it compete on a more "world level". A true World Championship would go a long way to legitamize offshore racing on both sides of the Atlantic. P1 seems to also "get it" in that they put aside ego and let the racers race while producers produce, while everyone works together on the business end to market the product as a whole. Other than the accents you can't tell a P1 racer from a SBI, OPA, or OSS racer, truly one of the best fraternities you will ever be a part of. Just wanted to unobjectably share a very small piece of the P1 experiance in anticipation that we will ultimately combine the best of the P1 and U.S. series and continue to breath new life and ideas into offshore racing. Special thanks from the American contingent to Marilyn DeMartini for her insight and first class hosting job. David Peterson, Black Pearl V16
Old 09-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by Maximus
Sorry "Jim" either way your doing a great job.

Cuba Libre's with Dave in his home town ....oh, oh oh no..... better bring your elephant gun....the CHEETAH awaits!!!!

no problem ,,,i;d be interested in yoru views on our series

it was a great pleasure meeeting Dave and sharing the start boat experience with him in Sunday for the evo race.....

Jim