Powerplay Electrical Rigging >

Powerplay Electrical Rigging

Notices

Powerplay Electrical Rigging

Old 05-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Powerplay Electrical Rigging

All you Powerplay owners will appreciate this. I had a guy out to the boat today to look at installing my GPS chartplotter. This guy does all the custom installations at one of the largest marinas in Norwalk and has worked on Bertram, Sunseeker, Viking, Azimut, Sea Ray, etc. etc., but never on a Powerplay. He got on my boat without very much enthusiasm, I showed him where I wanted the GPS, he poked his head into the compartment behind the instrument panel, and his first comment to me was "Good God, I'm a perfectionist, but whoever built this thing must be an absolute fanatic!!". After looking over the boat for a while longer, he told me that out of all the boats he's worked on over the years (including the ones in the list above), he has never seen a boat with so much attention to detail. He said that with the number of boats he's worked on, there isn't too much that impresses him, but this boat really did with the way it was built, and he was actually excited to work on it. I thought it was really interesting to hear this from someone who has never been on OSO, on a Powerplay, and really knew nothing about the boat, but has years of experience working on high end luxury cruisers and sportfisherman. Long story made short, he's giving me some "special" installation pricing that basically involves me giving him a ride after the GPS is in!!

Last edited by JROMY; 05-20-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Powerplay Electrical Rigging

Thats great news!! I think these Powerplays could be the best speed boats ever built!
Old 05-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Thats great news!! I think these Powerplays could be the best speed boats ever built!
Certainly for the money .... the new Cigarettes, Skaters and Outerlimits (to name a few) are absolutely stunning, but you have to move the decimal point in the price about 2 clicks to the right in every case.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

POWERPLAY rocks!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Registered

By the way Semper...you really should make your way over to the East Coat this summer...we need to take you for a blast in the Sound!!