Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
History of the 25 >

History of the 25

Notices

History of the 25

Old 09-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it, I mostly sat down in every other boat I had with drop downs, just stood up to dock. The freeboard is so low on the PP that there is no need to stand while docking. My only complaint's are there are no foot rests so nothing to brace against and you sit a little high in mine. I'm making some foot rests and might add a small lexan windshield.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 536 Posts

Cool...well when you get your mods done please post pics for us all

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey cdf mine has aluminum tubes for foot rests check out the pics
Attached Thumbnails History of the 25-dash-005.jpg   History of the 25-dash-007.jpg  
Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Well.....heres a little history lesson for ya guys.....i just got the word from the guy that made the plug for the 25
Its an all original boat....the guys name is Rusty Wallarath(SP?) and he worked at powerplay...he built the 25 according to him its all his work and he says he can prove it! ....he also was helping on the Thad/Apache boat when it was being built....he worked for my buddy that has the 25 molds right now for a while till my buddy went to CNC cut plugs for the molds.... and there ya have it guys...no splashing on this one I'm sure just as every boat built out there has some sort of inspiration to go off of...but this one is not splashed from another boat.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

OK....a little more info just trickled in....when Rusty started at powerplay there apparently WAS a plug allready there of the 25 that some guy named Robert was working on...but it was (according to Rusty) so screwed up that Rusty basicly started from scratch to fix it all.....

So the story has changed a little bit...and there may be a splash involved now...dont know 100%....this guys an old timer so you gotta give him some slack if memory gives out a bit

Old 09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

looking around the net i found a bunch of pics of the 22 Apache....there could very well be some heritage between them......the scout is very shallow compared to the PP from the looks of it...but then again who knows!
Attached Thumbnails History of the 25-22-left-side2.jpg   History of the 25-84801788_1.jpg  

Old 09-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

the PP looks to have a more agressive nose angle then the apache.....and i dont see that "parting line" down the side of the apache like the PP has.....but it could be......

Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Whos got the molds and is he going to pop any hulls. Always liked the 25 PP. Maybe its because I have an Apache Scout!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered

Thanks for the history Wally. Buddy of mine thinks it has some Velocity lines to it. I'll post pics as we work on it.

Northern, I as looking at you foot rests before. How is it getting into the cabin? It's a pain in the butt as it is and I don't want to make it any harder.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Originally Posted by CMC
Whos got the molds and is he going to pop any hulls. Always liked the 25 PP. Maybe its because I have an Apache Scout!
He currently has no plans to make any go-fasts from the molds...he bought them to make one hull as a plug to make a 28' CC fishing boat. His company makes Flats boats and his biggest currently is a 20' bay boat but he does have a 22 deep-v that looks like its based off an old formula. I could possibly pursuade him to make one if someone was interested...but it would only be a hull and you would probably need to register it as home made...
I've been kicking around the idea of starting my own boat Co. up and bringing back this 25.....he said he would make me the hull no problem...its would be the logistics of having them brought up here to IL to assemble them that keeps stopping me

Quick Reply: History of the 25

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.