Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
What Happend with all the PP Raceboats ? >

What Happend with all the PP Raceboats ?

Notices

What Happend with all the PP Raceboats ?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 28 pitch Bravo 1 4Blades but drives on boxes and 1.36 gear ratio. Ran motors @ 6500 RPM.
X dim stayed the same even with boxes !
So all depents on what gear ratio he has and how much RPM the motors can take !
Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I owned the "tweety" boat- I sold my 1997 33' race Powerplay approx. 2yrs ago. A guy named Ben Walker purchased the boat from me. He was going to race the boat, but lost his sponsorship which ended his hopes to race.

The boat was originally built for a guy named Bob Lawrence in Ft. Lauderdale and he was going to race the boat- but never did either. The boat was sold to Trader1 here on OSO, whom sold the boat to me in 2004. I had Myco build me a beautiful all aluminum trailer with all the options, including the driveguard.

I replaced alot of stuff on the boat (little stuff) but it all adds up $$$. Then I had both engines removed and completely rebuilt to approx. 525hp (hotter cam). The boat has a full stagger, 3 man bolster, (4) 55 gallon saddle tanks running 3 blade Mirage 29" props turning in. The best I have seen on the boat was around 84mph on a light fuel load. The boat runs extremely level and I could keep up with 38' boats all day long in rough water......as long as they ran in the low 80's mph.

The boat was not built as a "light layup", it weighs approx. 500lbs less than a standard Powerplay because it has no finished cabin. It has 2 additional bulkheads for reinforcement. The boat is not "perfect", but is very, very clean! The 3 man bolsters were great for comfort and safety in the rough waters.We sold the boat because we started doing more lake boating and since it had no bench seat or cabin, it wasn't lake friendly. I know that anyone who buys this boat will be very happy with it as long as they are using it for it's intended use.

Alot of the above information I know is correct because ED here on OSO (ex Powerplay employee) was kind enough to share it with me.
Attached Thumbnails What Happend with all the PP Raceboats ?-powerplay5.jpg   What Happend with all the PP Raceboats ?-pp3-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Semper Fi; 07-02-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

Does anyone have the under-deck shot of the teweety boat? I always thought it was cool