Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ? >

What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?

Notices

What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?

It's odd. The seats have the powerplay emblems but this does not look like a Powerplay. What's up with this ?

http://www.outdrives.com/Boats.asp

Look for the PP 23. Odd.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That boat was for sale new in my hometown in the summer of '07. I believe my Dad talked to the marina about it, but I cant recall the story. I think some people were trying to bring Powerplay back but it didn't happen...they only built a few boats.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
That boat was for sale new in my hometown in the summer of '07. I believe my Dad talked to the marina about it, but I cant recall the story. I think some people were trying to bring Powerplay back but it didn't happen...they only built a few boats.
Wow... That's interesting. Do you know if they used the 25' mold & cut it ? Just curious because it doesn't look like the 25.
I say that because I believe the original 25 is a streched 22' Apache. Again just curious...
Old 02-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frequentflyer
Wow... That's interesting. Do you know if they used the 25' mold & cut it ? Just curious because it doesn't look like the 25.
I say that because I believe the original 25 is a streched 22' Apache. Again just curious...
Good question...I am not sure on that. It didn't look like the 25...at least the topside/deck didn't.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...y-t-mason.html

Thread I started
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I traded emails with him about that boat. If I recall, they were at a few of the east coast shows and they wanted about $75K for it.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Didn't see it. Thanks for the research.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by frequentflyer
Not the orriginal 25...my buddy Karl has the 25 molds...and the 25 was not a streched 22 apache. I got the story of the 25 from Karl who had the guy that hand built the plug, that was working for him for a while...its an orriginal.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 587 Posts

Karl keeps toying with me every so often about bringing back the 25..but never does....then he gets my wheels turning about him building the hulls and me doing finnal rigging... i just dont know what kind of demand there would be for these boats. I may just have him build me one hull and rig it for myself

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
Karl keeps toying with me every so often about bringing back the 25..but never does....then he gets my wheels turning about him building the hulls and me doing finnal rigging... i just dont know what kind of demand there would be for these boats. I may just have him build me one hull and rig it for myself

Things are tough all around Wally... I had the opportunity to speak with Mr Zimmerman because when I sold my PP 25,
I bought a Bull Dolphin '22. I also asked him about whether or not he would build the 25. He builds a heck of a boat now and I think if he does do the 25, it would be a GREAT boat.

I had read somewhere that the 25 was a stretched version of the Apache 22. May or may not have been but they do share some characteristics. Whatever the case the 25 is a great boat and I sure hope that a reputable company like Dolphin Boats brings them back.

Thanks,
Eric

Quick Reply: What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.