25 pp engine height question

Notices

25 pp engine height question

Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 AM
kds
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerplay25
You'll have no problem with water pressure.
thanks alot, i will keep you inform when the boats in the water. planning to put it in the water by next weekend. i am hoping to get 90mph with those 300x motors.i know i might have to use some choppers to get there but ill start with bravos.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kds
thanks alot, i will keep you inform when the boats in the water. planning to put it in the water by next weekend. i am hoping to get 90mph with those 300x motors.i know i might have to use some choppers to get there but ill start with bravos.
Good luck with your initial seatrial. Tell us how it goes. I would begin with(if I had a choice) 26" Bravo l's, to get an idea of the pitch you'll need. When you decide what props your using, then send them out to be labbed. We put together 3 or 4 basic 25 center-consoles that did low 90's with the same power. One being Enrique Iglesias's boat. Your boat is capable of the same.

Last edited by Ed; 09-23-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 PM
kds
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
Good luck with your initial seatrial. Tell us how it goes. I would begin with(if I had a choice) 26" Bravo l's, to get an idea of the pitch you'll need. When you decide what props your using, then send them out to be labbed. We put together 3 or 4 basic 25 center-consoles that did low 90's with the same power. One being Enrique Iglesias's boat. Your boat is capable of the same.
THANKS ALOT GUYS,YOU COME TRU FOR ME EVERYTIME.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:22 PM
kds
Registered

Default sea trial (powerplay25 and ed)

i finally put the boat in the water today. those 300x's really got some hp. i couldnt push the boat because i was breaking in the new lower units. but i was cruising in the 60's. the 26 bravo's worked fine. weekend i will put it in the water and let you know what its dailed in too. i will post some pics too.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:44 AM
kds
Registered

Default Thanks Again Ed

Originally Posted by Ed
i started with the 26" bravo 1's like you said an i am running them now too. they are a little big an as u said need to be labbed but the boat is in the high 80's. just letting you all know. i thank you all for your input very much.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kds
i started with the 26" bravo 1's like you said an i am running them now too. they are a little big an as u said need to be labbed but the boat is in the high 80's. just letting you all know. i thank you all for your input very much.
Sounds like you are getting some good speed out of it. Are you spinning your props in or out?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
kds
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerplay25
Sounds like you are getting some good speed out of it. Are you spinning your props in or out?
I AM SPINNING THEM OUT FOR RIGHT NOW. THAT WAS MY SECOUND TIME OUT IN THE BOAT.THE MOTORS ARE WORKING GREAT AND THE LOWER UNITS(1.62) WERE JUST REBUILT WITH NEW INTERNAL PARTS. ITS VERY SUPRISING TO SEE HOW GREAT THESE BOAT RUN WITH THE PROPSHAFT LINE UP EVEN WITH THE BOTTOM OF THE STERN. POWERPLAY25 ,HOW MUCH MILES DID U GAIN WITH THE PROPS SPINNING INWARDS? I AM THINKING ABOUT SENDING A PAIR OF 26 BRAVO 1"S TO GET LABBED. THANKS YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP GUYS.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

Had a major issue with one of my engines late in the season. The good news is I got a new powerhead out of it. At the time I got the new powerhead I swapped my lowers for inward rotation. I only made one run with the boat before putting it away for the winter. I can definately tell there is more speed with the rotation change, but did not want to run the motor too hard as I have to get some hours on it first.

I'm also running 26" Bravo I's. Now that the props are spinning inward I am getting much more stern lift with these props. Actually too much. My next step is a pair of choppers which will suck the stern down and lift the bow.