25 pp engine height question

Notices

25 pp engine height question

Old 09-22-2009, 07:26 PM
kds
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 pp engine height question

i just put on a pair of 20 inch 300x on my 25 powerplay. with the engine tuck all the way under and resting on the top of the stern. it came with a 1/4 inch plate on the top of the stern but i replace it with same size plate but on the stern too. the sportmaster nosecone is a 1/4 inch above the flat spot. to me it seem to high. please help, thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

What props ya got?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:28 PM
kds
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
What props ya got?
i dont have any props as yet. i was goin to use some bravos or choppers but i dont know what size prop to use. could u steer me in the right direction with what u think is best for me. thanks

Last edited by kds; 09-22-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered

With 20" mids, if mounting the motors directly on the transom, mount them as low as you can. The prop shafts will be about even with the bottom of the boat. If running the ocean a lot you may want to consider hydraulic jack plates so you can run the motors deeper when it gets rough.

You will have a better cruise with Bravo's and better top end with choppers.

I'm actually running mine with Bravo's right now, but switching to choppers for next season.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 AM
kds
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerplay25
With 20" mids, if mounting the motors directly on the transom, mount them as low as you can. The prop shafts will be about even with the bottom of the boat. If running the ocean a lot you may want to consider hydraulic jack plates so you can run the motors deeper when it gets rough.

You will have a better cruise with Bravo's and better top end with choppers.

I'm actually running mine with Bravo's right now, but switching to choppers for next season.
i didnt use jack plates because i wanted to keep the balance of the boat. with the weight of the motors i have on plus the jack plate i think the stern of the boat will be to heavy. the boat had on 260 + jackplates,without the jackplates on now is jus a couple lb heavies. trying to keep the boat the same weight like from factory. what size bravos or choppers should i run? my gear case is 1:62. thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kds
i didnt use jack plates because i wanted to keep the balance of the boat. with the weight of the motors i have on plus the jack plate i think the stern of the boat will be to heavy. the boat had on 260 + jackplates,without the jackplates on now is jus a couple lb heavies. trying to keep the boat the same weight like from factory. what size bravos or choppers should i run? my gear case is 1:62. thanks

With 1.62's, I would try 24" pitch props first. If you can pull them to 6800 rpm's and are set up correctly you will see 85-87 mph.

Call BBlades. They have a prop exchange program. If the 24's are not enough you can exchange for a set of 26's.

http://bblades.com/

Last edited by Powerplay25; 09-23-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:31 AM
kds
Registered

Originally Posted by kds
i just put on a pair of 20 inch 300x on my 25 powerplay. with the engine tuck all the way under and resting on the top of the stern. it came with a 1/4 inch plate on the top of the stern but i replace it with same size plate but on the stern too. the sportmaster nosecone is a 1/4 inch above the flat spot. to me it seem to high. please help, thanks
would i get to trim the boat well to get a good bow lift with that engine height without running a temperature ?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kds
would i get to trim the boat well to get a good bow lift with that engine height without running a temperature ?
What lowers are you running?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:44 AM
kds
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerplay25
What lowers are you running?
sportmasters
Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kds
sportmasters
You'll have no problem with water pressure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.