Powerplay Boats >

Powerplay Boats

Notices

Powerplay Boats

Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Sir First Off thanks you for the very nice comment. There are a lot of strategies on this, I myself control the boats attitude and try to have a minimum wetted surface using the step size and placement along with step angles these are Key here, it takes an experienced designer with a critical eye to realize their full benefits.

Remember you pay a heavy price for every square inch of wetted surface on a performance boat so why not arrange
the bottom so as faster the boat travels less it's bottom is exposed in a “predictable” manner with support, not that half a pyramid shape you get from airing out a straight Vee.
Steve,
Having worked in the industry when this transition was taking place, did you modify any existing deep vees into step vees? What improvements in performance resulted? Were there any before and after #s for a typical Powerplay for instance?
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 07-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Steve,
Having worked in the industry when this transition was taking place, did you modify any existing deep vees into step vees? What improvements in performance resulted? Were there any before and after #s for a typical Powerplay for instance?
Best Regards,
Steve
T2x has commented on this side by side a number of times, do a search and you'll find some interesting results.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sinus
Sorry, you are inside in industry and I have questions for you:

- Tuff, Velocity and Progression I am mentioned becouse of pad kell. They have no pyramid shape of wetted sufrace when go fast. What do you think round of compare with steeped bottom, if it is boat build lighter?
- every square inch of wetted surface cost a lot of performance, this is more than true! Why than boat builders do not build lighter boats? Technology for this it is known and it is not so expensive. Infusion and good core for example.
- when will boating industry start to use lighter and modern engines? Existing engines like big block... are 50 years old mastodonst, which cost lot of weight, fuell and money for service.

Sorry for bad english. I fight with words, but...

p.s.
Nice thread Steve1!

bye
Saso
Your English is just fine and thank you for the nice comment on the thread.

We know that nothing supports weight like a horizontal surface on water and a pad does exactly that and also supports the boat at the lowest point and at the point of the highest water pressure.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Steve,
Best Regards,
Steve
The Powerplay was Danny's design and from a clean sheet of paper, the hull was tested and changes were made then it was tooled.

My personal vented system is a little different than Modifying an existing boat.

The Pantera Group has good running 41 Stepped Vee

One of our local Builders Pat at AT builds a 37 with his as AVH bottom or as a straight Vee. Look at the photos of it running very nicely done a single step DDC Schoell Bottom.

Fabio Buzzi's Boats run very well with his Bottom in mountainous seas.

The Speed record is held by a step Vee and Boats from Fountain run very well.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 1
The Powerplay was Danny's design and from a clean sheet of paper, the hull was tested and changes were made then it was tooled.

My personal vented system is a little different than Modifying an existing boat.

The Pantera Group has good running 41 Stepped Vee

One of our local Builders Pat at AT builds a 37 with his as AVH bottom or as a straight Vee. Look at the photos of it running very nicely done a single step DDC Schoell Bottom.

Fabio Buzzi's Boats run very well with his Bottom in mountainous seas.

The Speed record is held by a step Vee and Boats from Fountain run very well.
Thanks Steve,
Very gracious and diplomaticaly stated. We have been to the AT factory. Interesting bottom (DDC). Their performance #s are surprisingly competitive, and they seem to be good rough water boats. I have seen Fabio's boats run on TV. Not too pretty, but plenty fast. And, no doubt Fountains are fast.....
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Steve,
Very gracious and diplomaticaly stated. We have been to the AT factory. Interesting bottom (DDC). Their performance #s are surprisingly competitive, and they seem to be good rough water boats. I have seen Fabio's boats run on TV. Not too pretty, but plenty fast. And, no doubt Fountains are fast.....
Best Regards,
Steve
Sir thank you for the reply and for asking.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sinus
Easy.
Power it is "maded" from rpm and torque. If you want additionall power you need for example:

- 4.000 rpm and 400 lbft torque
- 12.000 rpm and 133 lbft torque

If you reduce 12.000 to 4.000 you have on the shaft 400 lbft torque and much better efficiency-les fuell consumption and lighter engine.
(Dodge viper do not have better acceleration than new Ferarri with same power...)

I do not know, but two valve engine in year of 2010?

p.s.
Sorry "Steve1" for this interruption of your thread, I am only want to ask few things which I would like to know.

bye
Saso
Lighter engines are on the move ,the LS GM series are very ,and I mean very light engines ,even lighter than a Ferrari engine with all its camshafts, rockers ,valves ,valvetrain components etc etc .
The GM LS is an all ali block,heads etc , and don,t worry about the 2 valves per cilinder ,the heads flow like nothing ever before !
100 hp per litre ( atmospheric ) is doable with these engines while still having a decent idling .

These engines are coming marine based ,some companies build them already ,and they will come up in the future soon.

Don,t forget ,you can,t compare a so called ,, Car engine ,, with a marine engine , low torque high rpm engines will do you no good on a boat ,unless it has multiple gears to shift the engine in its powerband where horsepower is been made ... a 500 hp Ferrari engine in a boat will barely bring the boat on plane when compare to a 500EFI marine engine ,only when the Ferrari screams at high rpm there is 500 hp coming out ,while the old big block produces its power /torque much earlier in its power band , but still also produce 500 hp ,but at a different rpm .

Btw Great thread Steve1 ,I,m following this every day, very informative , keep the pics coming !

A.J
Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by stirling
Lighter engines are on the move ,the LS GM series are very ,and I mean very light engines ,even lighter than a Ferrari engine with all its camshafts, rockers ,valves ,valvetrain components etc etc .
The GM LS is an all ali block,heads etc , and don,t worry about the 2 valves per cilinder ,the heads flow like nothing ever before !
100 hp per litre ( atmospheric ) is doable with these engines while still having a decent idling .

These engines are coming marine based ,some companies build them already ,and they will come up in the future soon.

Don,t forget ,you can,t compare a so called ,, Car engine ,, with a marine engine , low torque high rpm engines will do you no good on a boat ,unless it has multiple gears to shift the engine in its powerband where horsepower is been made ... a 500 hp Ferrari engine in a boat will barely bring the boat on plane when compare to a 500EFI marine engine ,only when the Ferrari screams at high rpm there is 500 hp coming out ,while the old big block produces its power /torque much earlier in its power band , but still also produce 500 hp ,but at a different rpm .

Btw Great thread Steve1 ,I,m following this every day, very informative , keep the pics coming !

A.J
Sir thanks for taking your time to read the thread and for the nice comments.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVI powerplay 25 with 300X's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.