Old 07-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve, seems to me there is a demand for bringing back Powerplay boats, even in this market. No, not the drama and the whatever

Do you think that this is pretty well covered, or could it be done?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

it will be done..its just a matter of time..waiting for one project to get finished...and then this is Brian Hollis next project...we will see in a few months..and I get the second one.. if not Im getting with Pepe on the 41 Pantera...
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Steve, seems to me there is a demand for bringing back Powerplay boats, even in this market. No, not the drama and the whatever

From an economics standpoint it would be smarter to buy a used boat and restore/customize it than build from scratch. Case in point the 38 in the classifieds is 139K w/ fresh power. If you don't like the power/paint and dumped 100K into this boat (assuming you paid full price) you would have 240K in the boat and you couldn't dream of building it new for that but being how well they were built, a 7 year old Powerplay would still be an amazing boat to own.

Yes you would be upside down, but you would have an authentic Powerplay and still be in it for less than building new as an unknown reproduction of the original.

Look at how many times an Apache has been knocked off yet nothing has come out better than an original Apache! I suspect Powerplay will have the same legacy!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
From an economics standpoint it would be smarter to buy a used boat and restore/customize it than build from scratch. Case in point the 38 in the classifieds is 139K w/ fresh power. If you don't like the power/paint and dumped 100K into this boat (assuming you paid full price) you would have 240K in the boat and you couldn't dream of building it new for that but being how well they were built, a 7 year old Powerplay would still be an amazing boat to own.

Yes you would be upside down, but you would have an authentic Powerplay and still be in it for less than building new as an unknown reproduction of the original.

Look at how many times an Apache has been knocked off yet nothing has come out better than an original Apache! I suspect Powerplay will have the same legacy!
The sabers and the pantera are better built boats.But, there is just no history or drama. Benny made apache what it is. I would want either of those boats over say like a macmanus built one.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Dan is not involved they be worthless !!!!!!!!!!!

HE WAS/IS POWERPLAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other then that i think its a great idea if he would do it .
Old 07-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I could care less about the history or drama involved with the company. I just think there's a market for great-riding boats that don't fall apart.

There's lots of people that have bought boats the last fifteen years or so, that are finding out what it's like to have modified to very low vee hulls with lighter weight. Industry is slow to change after being led down one road. People "thought" they wanted lighter, faster, hole shot, all of that. Many are rethinking that position.

There's some decent riding recreational boats out there now, and yes, they definitely cost more, often twice as much. The real meat of the market for well run companies will be the 21' to 28' segment. The bigger boats are already out there. I think if you want the opportunity to make something like a larger PP, you'll also have to offer the other lines.

That's why I think existing boatmakers will fill this void. Probably later than sooner.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sir thank You.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve

Yes keep it @ 6-8 Boats a year and do restoration work on customers boats Plus the selling of parts.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Speaking production boats here, Beyond tedious hand-made, limited production, who do you see as having done a commendable job keeping to the spirit of good-riding, solid construction?

Of course this is beyond the discussion of PP, Apaches, Ciggs, etc... Perhaps a different thread altogether, since I don't want to mix apples and avacados.

Reason being, there are a lot of folks on this site and others, that look at older Formulas, PP, Bajas and the like, simply because the new ones are way beyond the reach. But with your knowledge and hands-on experience, you must have some idea of who the better recreational boat makers are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.