Powerplay Boats

Notices

Powerplay Boats

Old 07-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
than most of the older apache's............... but then again this old pp open fish had some issues too. I just wish I had 138,000 I could spend , so I could own that 38' .
That boat may have been built/lay-up in Hollywood by a subcontractor.

Last edited by Steve 1; 07-19-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 302Sport
would it be a pretty sharp edge, or would you round it off some more like a gladiator???
We could also do a 45 on the outboard corner like the 25' & 38' Gunnels were finished ,that would look cool with the molding gone.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
That boat may have been built/lay-up in Hollywood by a subcontractor.
Looks like a PP before the changes were made right? '89ish?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Indy
Looks like a PP before the changes were made right? '89ish?
It is a oldie ,that deck was cut out of the old Cobra race deck, There are a few around and in the Islands.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
It is a oldie ,that deck was cut out of the old Cobra race deck, There are a few around and in the Islands.
That one was beat up and probably hadn't seen a cover in ten years from it's condition. A few soft spots on the floor, some delamination on the front deck and the gel coat was chalked bad. 1988, looked a lot like an early scarab. The hull was still solid and transom looked fine.
Attached Thumbnails Powerplay Boats-pp-marco-017.jpg   Powerplay Boats-pp-marco-030.jpg  
Old 07-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That one was beat up and probably hadn't seen a cover in ten years from it's condition. A few soft spots on the floor, some delamination on the front deck and the gel coat was chalked bad. 1988, looked a lot like an early scarab. The hull was still solid and transom looked fine.
Some people that own those old ones swear by them, 88 from the hollywood lamination shop and rigged in Lauderdale.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Man original paint (Imron) even looks like a piece of a sundance marine decal ,the boat could be an 86 or 87
Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

If you're using this as a basis for comparison I'd take the time to crawl around a '97 and up, even a '94. Those will stack up against anything.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
If you're using this as a basis for comparison I'd take the time to crawl around a '97 and up, even a '94. Those will stack up against anything.
how about a 92, 25' . The open fish boat shows how pp started out with cobra heritage ( by a french guy no less)and vastly improved keeping the great hull design. Indy you had a really nice boat and the new mold is way to go. Btw, I bought the pp fiberglass shop and contents at the auction and all of the materials and tools I got were fist rate and creative. Still using it today on all sorts of repairs. 3nd pic is my old cobra (the sweden sticky boat). Steve, best thread ever, and yes that was a sundance marine sticker.
Attached Thumbnails Powerplay Boats-tank-powerplay-006.jpg   Powerplay Boats-garage-094.jpg   Powerplay Boats-cobbra.jpg  

Last edited by northernoffshore; 07-19-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

how about a 92, 25' . The open fish boat shows how pp started out with cobra heritage ( by a french guy no less)and vastly improved keeping the great hull design. Indy you had a really nice boat and the new mold is way to go. Btw, I bought the pp fiberglass shop and contents at the auction and all of the materials and tools I got were fist rate and creative. Still using it today on all sorts of repairs. 3nd pic is my old cobra (the sweden sticky boat). Steve, best thread ever, and yes that was a sundance marine sticker.
Sir thank you for the nice complement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.