Powerplay Boats >

Powerplay Boats

Notices

Powerplay Boats

Old 08-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Yes freaked the Big Boss out, he drove during this event ,Goes with the Job, saw a way to get the gearcase up and clear but still have good water flow.
Sounds like you would of loved a gopro back in the day
Old 08-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Sounds like you would of loved a gopro back in the day
Up front Yes,the back there is a wet hurricane cat 3 blowing unless the lens are self cleaning, maybe a problem.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

The first time I saw a Cobra (Harry O) run in open sea was in 77 during the Magnum Marine Bahamas race, Real impressive!! I was running a 30 Corsa and we swapped lead a dozen times sometimes running a couple feet apart, lost a bottom and the Bacardi race was now upon us,
Got another boat together and dialed in @1:00 Race morning 4 Ambassadors dock Anyway Frog Joel Helperns driver came down and said the boss wanted to see me, the deal was Joel wanted me to run a 32 Cobra and was going to sponsor me with a hull and deck.

With that hull Always turn the props out you need NO transom lift the props, we always ran Mercury props, choppers on the outboard boats ,Offshore Cleavers on the race stuff and Mercury 3 and 4 Blades on the inboards.

The Chine was flared out in the aft on the old hull and looked funkey but it worked well.

The hull has enough bow flair to keep you out of trouble but still allowing the boat to settle in a little and fly straight off the wave crests ( had a ring side seat for a 100 miles) in short there was nothing I would change.

Steve, wern't you running with Paul Haggerty then?
Old 08-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned

The first time I saw a Cobra (Harry O) run in open sea was in 77 during the Magnum Marine Bahamas race, Real impressive!! I was running a 30 Corsa and we swapped lead a dozen times sometimes running a couple feet apart, lost a bottom and the Bacardi race was now upon us,
Got another boat together and dialed in @1:00 Race morning 4 Ambassadors dock Anyway Frog Joel Helperns driver came down and said the boss wanted to see me, the deal was Joel wanted me to run a 32 Cobra and was going to sponsor me with a hull and deck.

With that hull Always turn the props out you need NO transom lift the props, we always ran Mercury props, choppers on the outboard boats ,Offshore Cleavers on the race stuff and Mercury 3 and 4 Blades on the inboards.

The Chine was flared out in the aft on the old hull and looked funkey but it worked well.

The hull has enough bow flair to keep you out of trouble but still allowing the boat to settle in a little and fly straight off the wave crests ( had a ring side seat for a 100 miles) in short there was nothing I would change.

Frog worked for me for a while.

He was something else.

I had forgotten all about him, until I read your post.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wideawake
Steve, wern't you running with Paul Haggerty then?
I was racing out of his Shop and Stan was doing my motors we ran a Orange 30 Corsa called Switch ,Anglo and Paul were on Murphy's Boat Cocktails ,we built a lot of cool boats there including Elswick's race stuff. Tom Murphy had a artist paint Cocktail glasses with olives,limes and swizel sticks on his boat, I had a guy paint broken cocktail glasses on my deck with olives rolling away.

Ole Tom went nuts in the middle of the night and was yelling his head off all kinds of crap the long and short I must of put the Mojo on him he Broke going out of Government cut headed for Bimini.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frog worked for me for a while.

He was something else.

I had forgotten all about him, until I read your post.
Yes he was Frog came up and said in frog talk "hey the old man wants to see you upstairs" Anglo used to work for Joel back when he was racing overseas.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

I was racing out of his Shop and Stan was doing my motors we ran a Orange 30 Corsa called Switch ,Anglo and Paul were on Murphy's Boat Cocktails ,we built a lot of cool boats there including Elswick's race stuff. Tom Murphy had a artist paint Cocktail glasses with olives,limes and swizel sticks on his boat, I had a guy paint broken cocktail glasses on my deck with olives rolling away.

Ole Tom went nuts in the middle of the night and was yelling his head off all kinds of crap the long and short I must of put the Mojo on him he Broke going out of Government cut headed for Bimini.
Steve, do you remember Fred Seymour, worked for Stan. Fred was my navigator.

Angelo, another Blast from the Past.

Tom always had a hair-trigger temper as I remember.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Banned

Yes he was Frog came up and said in frog talk "hey the old man wants to see you upstairs" Anglo used to work for Joel back when he was racing overseas.

Last I heard, Frog was working for a high-end car restorer in Pompano.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Steve, do you remember Fred Seymour, worked for Stan. Fred was my navigator.

Angelo, another Blast from the Past.

Tom always had a hair-trigger temper as I remember.
I would know him by sight maybe, having spent a lot of time at Stans place do not remember him ,I got a education on marine motors in those days, I considered Irwin the best he did Magoons Miami NY engines.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last I heard, Frog was working for a high-end car restorer in Pompano.
That whole Cobra crew was made up of great people. I wish Frog the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.