Old 09-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A quick shot from Boyne Thunder
Attached Thumbnails Powerplay Boats-img_33111.jpg  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats a good shot homie. I like how it hides scotts water wings and his orange kiddie life jacket.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

Wow, finally made it through this thing. Now I want a PP!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the boat everyone wants to know if it's for sale?

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/19841
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vindicator101

Def for sale. Plenty of talk about it in the Powerplay section.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Oh. Just found this thread so wasn't aware here was another one going over there. I'll have to check that one out too since this was such an interesting read.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vindicator101

Wow! Beautiful. I'd love to have it.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Events and Luck!

Back in the late 70’s (after finishing a race with wet feet like up to my knees) encouraged me to take a very hard look at some alternate boat construction techniques and I had enough of the nobody uses or does that! OK I will learn the new systems on my own, now it is early 80’s and I had my system worked out with some material they were using in Europe for boats dropped into the sea from oil rigs and glass from the sailboat guys, Everything was in place except ONE thing, the opportunity and this is coming up.

Low and behold I got a call from my old friend Anglo Meli(we worked together for years)that Leonard Codomo needed a 35’ Plug built ,I went to Leonard’s shop for a meeting and was hired, anyway the 35 turned into a 55’(I have pictures coming) finished that up and then started a fill in project a 17’ Flats boat ,this was a game changer in those days flats boats weighed 1200# this one bagged Airex weighed less than half that. And did everything right Poled easy and straight used small power and ran very good.

During that boat project Tom Johansson who was the Airex distributor (Torin) sent his man down to check me out, (he had some problems with builders before these Shop related that they blamed of course on his material) This was Bruce Phund a real knowledgeable hands on guy and cool to work with always joking ,he gave a good report on me to Tom and I was in.

Now at this same time there was a guy down a few warehouses who once a month backed a wood open class cat in his shop pouring out water through the bottom never gave it much thought!

This was Jack Clark( a great guy and a family friend to this day)who was in my place everyday watching and I had fresh coffee and every Charlie Chip cookie imaginable for customers and Jack did not miss the opportunity.

We became friends and he wanted a Mold of his Cat with some bottom changes, OK!

I got the bay next-door put a door between the shops and had my brothers on it; we made the changes he wanted. And then tooled it.

Then we built a bagged Airex Boat next, Tom gave me the material for that 35 and a 46 Jaguar as well.

While we were building the 35 Jaguar Powerplay Dan would come by and check out the Cat going together, he was having his boats built in Hollywood in those days. And I was offered a position with him at Powerplay after I finished at Jaguar. This is the Story of my experiences at Powerplay.

I own a 1990 Powerplay/Powerquest 185 Integra XLT produced at the time Powerplay was sold.The side of my boat has the Powerplay vinyl name and rear above swim platform has the Powerquest vinyl name. Does anyone know where I can find new vinyl lettering and colors? Maybe any suggestions to keep the original scheme or change to Powerquest only?

Thanks for your suggestions. I am new to forum, will post a picture.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Registered

Here is the Powerplay color scheme. The usual, red, white and gray.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Registered

Finally finished this thread. WOW! Cool history. I have a 33 Sportdeck with triple 2.4s in need of some restoring. This just gave me some extra incentive to do an extra special job on it. It is an 88 model and the person I got it from just had cockpit upholstery redone. Rigging needs some rework as well as engines need some freshening up. Lowers were rebuilt with no hours yet. Some Gelcoat issues from age and maybe a repaint with some logos added. I know this is probably a Hollywood hull and hope those were built to Dannys standards. Were the Hollywood boats strong enough and well built enough to stand the test of time? I know lots of other 80s boats would need complete teardown and stringer replacements at this age. Pics are in the Powerplay owners forum. It is an 88. I was originally told it was a 91.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.