There was no s class in 84
Old 12-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Butch, What are you referring too???
Old 12-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve has posted a pic of dannys cougar with the caption that it was 84 natl champ. The cougar has the s-1 which he won in 82. There was no sport class in 84
Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Registered

Hi
I'm the new owner of this boat and i will very happy if you can send all the pic you have of it
Let me know
Rgd
Thomas
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by t.moriniere
Hi
I'm the new owner of this boat and i will very happy if you can send all the pic you have of it
Let me know
Rgd
Thomas
What boat?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered

The last 33 sportdeck
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t.moriniere
The last 33 sportdeck
With outboards now?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Registered

YES, twin 250 opti's
Old 06-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Jbw
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Events and Luck!

Back in the late 70’s (after finishing a race with wet feet like up to my knees) encouraged me to take a very hard look at some alternate boat construction techniques and I had enough of the nobody uses or does that! OK I will learn the new systems on my own, now it is early 80’s and I had my system worked out with some material they were using in Europe for boats dropped into the sea from oil rigs and glass from the sailboat guys, Everything was in place except ONE thing, the opportunity and this is coming up.

Low and behold I got a call from my old friend Anglo Meli(we worked together for years)that Leonard Codomo needed a 35’ Plug built ,I went to Leonard’s shop for a meeting and was hired, anyway the 35 turned into a 55’(I have pictures coming) finished that up and then started a fill in project a 17’ Flats boat ,this was a game changer in those days flats boats weighed 1200# this one bagged Airex weighed less than half that. And did everything right Poled easy and straight used small power and ran very good.

During that boat project Tom Johansson who was the Airex distributor (Torin) sent his man down to check me out, (he had some problems with builders before these Shop related that they blamed of course on his material) This was Bruce Phund a real knowledgeable hands on guy and cool to work with always joking ,he gave a good report on me to Tom and I was in.

Now at this same time there was a guy down a few warehouses who once a month backed a wood open class cat in his shop pouring out water through the bottom never gave it much thought!

This was Jack Clark( a great guy and a family friend to this day)who was in my place everyday watching and I had fresh coffee and every Charlie Chip cookie imaginable for customers and Jack did not miss the opportunity.

We became friends and he wanted a Mold of his Cat with some bottom changes, OK!

I got the bay next-door put a door between the shops and had my brothers on it; we made the changes he wanted. And then tooled it.

Then we built a bagged Airex Boat next, Tom gave me the material for that 35 and a 46 Jaguar as well.

While we were building the 35 Jaguar Powerplay Dan would come by and check out the Cat going together, he was having his boats built in Hollywood in those days. And I was offered a position with him at Powerplay after I finished at Jaguar. This is the Story of my experiences at Powerplay.

Steve maybe you can possibly help me out I own a extremely clean 1981 Powerplay sport deck with triple Merc 2.4L's when I went to register the boat the hull number on the rear is missing one letter, I am wondering if there is a secondary somewhere in the boat and if so with your experience could you possibly tell me where to locate it?
Old 06-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Registered

Don't know if this help but my 91 has a HIN behind the back seat facing forward upper starboard side in the gel coat just like the one on stern