Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Powerplay Boats >

Powerplay Boats

Notices

Powerplay Boats

Old 05-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Steve for taking the time to put together this awesome thread. It's a great history lesson.I have a 33 sportdeck that I run on LOTO and as others have said it thrives on rough water. I did some research and got some opinions from owners here on OSO before I made the purchase 3 years ago. Rock solid quality construction and outstanding ride and handling...and a cool look. I have never been disappointed in my decision to buy one. I am pretty sure I have the only one on LOTO at this time and I'm really surprise more of them didn't end up here.

Thanks again for sharing all of this information from your days at Powerplay....truly appreciated.

Is '89 the first year of production for the 33?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by lake13oz
I am pretty sure I have the only one on LOTO at this time and I'm really surprise more of them didn't end up here.
That is funny to hear, I would have thought LOTO would have more of them. I rarely go out in my area WITHOUT seeing a Powerplay of some type (CC's are popular). For a few years we had 3 38's in one county!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 142 Posts

hey steve thanks for putting up the pics of my boat. this thread is awesome, keep up the good work.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lake13oz
Thank you Steve for taking the time to put together this awesome thread. It's a great history lesson.I have a 33 sportdeck that I run on LOTO and as others have said it thrives on rough water. I did some research and got some opinions from owners here on OSO before I made the purchase 3 years ago. Rock solid quality construction and outstanding ride and handling...and a cool look. I have never been disappointed in my decision to buy one. I am pretty sure I have the only one on LOTO at this time and I'm really surprise more of them didn't end up here.

Thanks again for sharing all of this information from your days at Powerplay....truly appreciated.

Is '89 the first year of production for the 33?
I will check but 88 was when Danny was building them at his former race shop across the street from the eventual home of Powerplay and Thank you for the nice comments there were a lot of good people there with good supervising. My painter at the time did work for Danny.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
That is funny to hear, I would have thought LOTO would have more of them. I rarely go out in my area WITHOUT seeing a Powerplay of some type (CC's are popular). For a few years we had 3 38's in one county!
Back in the day Powerplay was very busy with just our local Market ,Danny had that Ad in Powerboat and a few sales were coming in from that as well, the rigging shop was packed always.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 302Sport
hey steve thanks for putting up the pics of my boat. this thread is awesome, keep up the good work.
Sir thank you for the nice comments I appreciate it and this is my pleasure ,most of all glad you are enjoying the boat, I will try to post more pictures of the construction on the B1 and the C class boat as well,again thanks and Regards.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerplay25

HOW FAST?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I posted this old picture before but needs more explanation,Danny was adding to the internal structure here, you can see the floors (sailboat talk) running outboard from the stringers also their size and placement in relation to the strakes, the transom knee width, he had a large bracket on these that the size was worked out to gave the best handling and performance on these boats.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Steve
It was a pleasure meeting you guys last night.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tzrider
Steve
It was a pleasure meeting you guys last night.
Sir the pleasure was ours and thank you for being a good host!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.