Help Diagnos A Problem >

Help Diagnos A Problem

Notices

Help Diagnos A Problem

Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help Diagnos A Problem

I have a 33PP and have a strange problem. Its intermitant. I did not change anything in the wireing in this boat. Have replaced batteries but every was rehooked up the same way. When I first got this boat I was able to turn off both battery switches to "Off" and still be able to raise and lower my engine hatch. No for some reason I cant. Most of the time I have to leave the starboard switch on "1" for my engine hatch buttons to work. When I got to my boat this past weekend the hatch was down, but I couldnt lift it when I got on the boat. The marina switched both switches to "off" and the hatch was down, so it worked that time with the batteries off. Can anyone figure this out? Im baffled.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

Did something mistakenly hit one of the "hidden" switches under the rear bench seat?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Did something mistakenly hit one of the "hidden" switches under the rear bench seat?
I doubt it because all other electric works. Arent main circuit breakers? What does each one do?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

I forget what each one did but many PP owners didn't even know those switches existed, they were up high in the compartment. Hopefully someone will chime in here who knows what those switches did.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Ok thanks. Dont think that is the problem. Ive popped one of those breakers before and all electric was out. Everything works, dont think that has anything to do with why most of the time now, the engine hatch up and down buttons dont work with the battery switch off.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Active - I just spoke to Ed, ex-Powerplay employee. He said the engine hatch is only hooked up to one battery. He also said to check the circuit breaker under the bench seat usually on the starboard side.

Good luck!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

That has happened to me before as well. Check the circuit breaker.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Active...what was the problem?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered

Unfortunately I didnt make it to the marina this past weekend. I'll check the breakers but if they are not popped off, which I dont think they are, I'm baffled. The engine hatch went down with both battery switches on off, but wouldnt go up. I had to unbolt the hatch bolts under the cushion.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered

Indy,
The breakers under the seat are "on". We cant figure it out. Sometimes the engine hatch goes up and down with the batteries switched to "off" (like it is supposed to work) and most times the engine hatch does not operate unless the starboard battery switch is "on". It worked correctly for the first year I had the boat, then it just stopped working, so now I have to leave the starboard battery on "1"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.