Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Removing Armrests? >

Removing Armrests?

Notices

Removing Armrests?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Btw pulling the vinly back and using a dremel is a great idea! Hopefully get mine done soon. You should look into doing the pokkerrun in Aug. $100.00pp and a great time...
Old 08-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I just installed a new dash panel today (have dash and trim plates if anyone needs them). I bought my still uninstalled cupholders from Eddie Marine, Polished aluminum and not a bad deal. I also installed new vents this spring. I have the part #'s andwill post them tomorrow. If you want to paint your vents let me know. I can match any color and am close to you. I work at Autometric in Royal Oak...
Did you do new gauges, I need a new speedo and tach. My speedo is ugly yellow and the tack I think broken. Spent several hours checking all wiring, and can't find anything. Tach is basically last thing left that could be the problem.

I just dremeled my cupholder holes and put in the polished metal ones yesterday, made a big difference, especially for $36 bucks for the 3 of them.

I'm pretty sure the attwood vents I posted above are the right ones, but I just sprayed mine with a dark blue plastic paint......if it doesn't last I'll buy some new ones. Changing from rotten yellow to the blue made a huge difference!

Do you guys do work on vette's, if so I need to talk to you about a chip in my hood.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to make plates as on the 38's, never liked how people stepped on the armrests. The older wood ones broke easily.
Attached Thumbnails Removing Armrests?-cupholder.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
I'm going to make plates as on the 38's, never liked how people stepped on the armrests. The older wood ones broke easily.
That's a good idea! I definitely worry about them being stepped on all the time.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=northernoffshore;3172603]I'm going to make plates as on the 38's, never liked how people stepped on the armrests. The older wood ones broke easily.[/QUOTE
Were are you getting them made I would like to order a set.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my garage. .... , I plan on getting apiece of starboard, maybe 3/16 or 1/4 and cutting with a hole saw for the center. Some router grooves like powerplay does and finish sand the edges. The screws might need a spacer under the plastic so it won't crush the vinyl,down too far.Aluminum would get hot and damage the vinyl. I will post what I made in a couple weeks when I get that far.I try to make a lot of parts and stuff myself, everything is so expensive now. Just got to paint the swim platform I made first. I like the auto meter carbon fiber gauges over the L or g brand.
Attached Thumbnails Removing Armrests?-swim-platform-001.jpg  

Last edited by northernoffshore; 08-01-2010 at 07:54 PM.