Any 38 PP's For Sale? >

Any 38 PP's For Sale?

Notices

Any 38 PP's For Sale?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
Hopefully what a similar year/power combo top gun would get.
+1.........that would be a fair assessment.

Oliver sold his black 2003 powered by 525's w/400 hours on it for 159K in 2007 (150K plus 6% tax). Boat was all there but needed some buffing for sure. Boat had genny/a/c with a flat screen hanging on the wall. He was going to trade it at a local MarineMax. They sent Randy @ Fastboats up to look at it and he offered 125K. I posted a note about it on OSO and it was sold in less than 48 hours, picked up with a F650-Myco and wired funds.

I'm not outing anyone on here since the boat is junk now (the 3rd owner had the misfortune of the boat sinking in salt water, the boat went through National Liquidators as a repo and then went to the midwest).
Old 03-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I posted a note about it on OSO and it was sold in less than 48 hours, picked up with a F650-Myco and wired funds.

I'm not outing anyone on ...
What are you getting at here?
The boat was bought and paid for by the brother of a very prominent per.son in this community. It was then sold. It then sank, in salt; due to a bad thru-hull.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What are you getting at here?
The boat was bought and paid for by the brother of a very prominent per.son in this community. It was then sold. It then sank, in salt; due to a bad thru-hull.
I think you are reading way too far into it..........I'm not outing anyone by posting what the boat sold for since that particular boat is worthless due to what eventually happened to it.

I don't think it is appropriate to "out" someone's purchase price on a boat they currently own if they go to sell it in the near term the purchase price being known is not going to help the sale. I only posted this since it was the 2nd to last 38 PP to change hands (No Life Like It was the latest) and even back a few years ago it sold for the same value as a similar year/power T/S TG.

BTW- bad thru-hull yes, that was left open (normally closed when generator isn't running) and coincidentally boat was left for 3 weeks in the water not hooked to dock power..........hmmm.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I just want the hull..nothing else..only if It was produced by Dan and not someone else..
Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I just want the hull..nothing else..only if It was produced by Dan and not someone else..
No doubt, Dan had some serious attention to detail.
Jeff, I didn't realize you were in the market too. If so, maybe you should talk with Robbie about his...

I'm still looking if anyone happens to hear of a 38 PP coming to the market. Dont make me settle for something else guys!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Here you go:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o39076-en.html
Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
nice looking boat , but it's not priced to sell anytime soon .
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Why not have Joker build you one, he has the hull mold and a deck mold too I think.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Let me clarify.. If I purchased an older hull it must be built during when Dan was the owner. The last few were not produced by him as I was told.... There are two guys that built various forms of this hull after the fact that I would let build me a boat...but I am not in the market anymore. Allready purchased a fishing catamaran cc.